Monday, October 19, 2015

Special Service - Christmas by Candlelight - December 13, 2015

Christmas by Candlelight - 12/13/15

As we have in previous years, we are planning to provide a candlelight service of Christmas songs.  The service has been two Sunday's before Christmas for the past two years, so we stuck with that again this year.  We have it scheduled for December 13th.  Please post in the comments if you are able to participate.

Participants:
Please post in the comments below if you plan to join us and include what instrument, if appropriate, you plan to play.


Scripture: 

Musicians:
Mike
Scott
Victoria
Darren
Paul
Dominic
Rob 
Paul
Frannie

Singers:
Bethany
Laura

Service:
Silent Night (upbeat version) 
It Came Upon a Midnight Clear
O Come, O Come Emmanuel - YouTube refresher here

Scripture

*Light of the Stable
O Come All Ye Faithful
Away in a Manger (lullaby version)
What Child Is This? 

Scripture 

*How Many Kings
Joy to the World
Angels We Have Heard On High

Scripture

*Mary, Did you Know?
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
O Holy Night 
Go Tell it on the Mountain

Scripture


*Born is the King
Little Drummer Boy
Silent Night (slow) 

(* indicates the song is considered a performance song, it will appear on the screen but the congregation is not expected to sing along)

17 comments:

  1. I'm in ! Since I am first do I get to choose instrument I want to play?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Did you want to do scripture reading again this year?

      Delete
  2. I'm going to opt out of this one and anything in December. I will be almost 9 months pregnant and my voice does not come out as it should. I'd like to sit out and enjoy it this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can play if you need me to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since Mike is there and this is supposed to be an acoustic set I was thinking about being a singer for this service instead of playing keys. I feel as if it would be overpowering and overcrowding to have two keys, but if there is the need for both keys, I will do whatever is needed of me. I just don't want the guitars to get drowned out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good thought but... I think we should try it with both keyboards and if we find that it's too much, then you can switch over - thanks for volunteering to make the switch if needed!

      Delete
  6. We will be setting up for this program after the second service on Sunday. We will then meet back at the Church at 5:30 to run through all the songs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Didn't get to tell all of you but tonight was just awesome!!! Thank you do much for doing this - it is my very favorite thing about Christmas!! 148 people tonight! Way more than that 1st year!

    ReplyDelete