Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Service - June 25, 2017

6/25 - Romans 6:1-11 “More Sin, More Grace?”

Sin’s Power Is Broken

6 Well then, should we keep on sinning so that God can show us more and more of his wonderful grace? 2 Of course not! Since we have died to sin, how can we continue to live in it? 3 Or have you forgotten that when we were joined with Christ Jesus in baptism, we joined him in his death? 4 For we died and were buried with Christ by baptism. And just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glorious power of the Father, now we also may live new lives.

5 Since we have been united with him in his death, we will also be raised to life as he was. 6 We know that our old sinful selves were crucified with Christ so that sin might lose its power in our lives. We are no longer slaves to sin. 7 For when we died with Christ we were set free from the power of sin. 8 And since we died with Christ, we know we will also live with him. 9 We are sure of this because Christ was raised from the dead, and he will never die again. Death no longer has any power over him. 10 When he died, he died once to break the power of sin. But now that he lives, he lives for the glory of God. 11 So you also should consider yourselves to be dead to the power of sin and alive to God through Christ Jesus.

Worship Leader:  Laura

Praise Band:
Lead Guitar -
Bass - Dominic
Drums - Darren
Rhythm Guitar (acoustic or electric) - Paul
Keys - Victoria
Percussion -
Aux -

Singers:
Singer 1 - Laura
Singer 2 -
Singer 3 -

Songs:
Song 1 - There is a Kingdom
Song 2 - Forever
Song 3 - We Believe
Song 4 - Amazing Love

Offering - Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus

Song 5 - Happy Day

13 comments:

  1. I'll be at this service and I'll take worship leader.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 80% sure I will be back in town. Will update as soon as I can confirm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will not be able to set-up for this service on Sunday, as my brother's wedding is that Saturday. Likewise, we will probably have to do a complete tear down of the stuff on the side of the stage because the last time I talked to him, he wanted the stuff taken down for pictures

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bethany is out- still in Indiana.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry I'm so late on this week's songs. I will post them later today. They will be very, very, very familiar. A few things...

    Rob, do you know if you'll be here for this service?

    I know Dominic is not available to practice tomorrow night and neither am I. I also know we can't setup, so do we just want to plan to setup and play on Sunday morning? Especially since the songs will be familiar.

    And finally, did you guys do an acoustic set last week? I'm considering that for this week to again keep it simple, but I don't think I would want to do it two weeks in a row.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were not 100% acoustic, but we did have Darren on the box. CJ was amped, the bass was amped, and Scott plugged his guitar in. It was toned down last Sunday

      Delete
  6. We also have to tear everything out tomorrow. My brother wants to put the pews back up front for his wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Songs are posted. Since the drums have to be taken down, we'll go full acoustic on Sunday with the box.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Frannie will not be there on Sunday. She isn't feeling well and the doctor wants her to rest.

    ReplyDelete