Friday, April 18, 2014

Service - May 4, 2014

5/4 - Ephesians 4:1-7

As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.
But to each one of us grace has been given as Christ apportioned it.

Sound System:

Worship Leader:   Mike

Scripture:

Praise Band:
Lead Guitar - Rob
Bass - Dominic
Drums - Darren
Rhythm Guitar (acoustic or electric) - Emily (acoustic)
Keys - Mike
Aux 1 - Paul
Aux 2 - Scott (12 string)

Note:  The auxiliary instruments may include any additional instruments.  For example, percussion, keys, acoustic guitar, mandolin, etc.

Singers:
Singer 1 - Bethany
Singer 2 - Brandi
Singer 3 - Laura

Songs:
Song 1:  We Want To See Jesus Lifted High
Song 2:  Step by Step
Song 3:  The Wonderful Cross
Song 4:  How He Loves Us

Offertory:  Give Me Jesus
No Doxology

Song 5:  I'll Fly Away - with a little more kick

11 comments:

  1. I'll be there on aux 2 for 12 string or will do keys if no one else is available.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll get the Keys ( both sets LOL ) and I will be an overachiever and do Worship Leader

    ReplyDelete
  3. We Want To See Jesus lifted High
    Step by Step
    The Wonderful Cross
    How He Loves Us
    offertory - Give me Jesus
    I'll Fly Away - is there a way we put some steroids in to this song? here is what i had in mind (or something similar) http://youtu.be/ImlvxIcboBY




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will you also be playing the banjo and bagpipes? LOL!

      Actually, that was a great version. We may not be able to play it quite that fast, I don't think the congregation (or probably even me) could keep up with the words, but it was a lot of fun.

      Delete
  4. Maybe get Laura Storey for Mandolin or Rob on that song? Bagpipes on keyboards

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scripture change alert!!!!! I am going with the scripture Ephesians 4:1-7 and talking about being called. This is because of youth Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll Fly Away - has some cool ideas i think we can incorporate and keep it in a style that the congregation will like. Will be fun to work on.

    ReplyDelete