4/27 - 1 John 1:5 -10
Living in the Light
5 This is the message we heard from Jesus and now declare to you: God is light, and there is no darkness in him at all. 6 So we are lying if we say we have fellowship with God but go on living in spiritual darkness; we are not practicing the truth. 7 But
if we are living in the light, as God is in the light, then we have
fellowship with each other, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, cleanses us
from all sin.
8 If we claim we have no sin, we are only fooling ourselves and not living in the truth. 9 But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness. 10 If we claim we have not sinned, we are calling God a liar and showing that his word has no place in our hearts.Sound System:
Worship Leader: Laura
Scripture:
Praise Band:
Lead Guitar - Rob
Bass - Dominic
Drums - Darren
Rhythm Guitar (acoustic or electric) - Paul
Keys - Mike
Aux 1 - Victoria (keys)
Aux 1 - Victoria (keys)
Aux 2 -
Note: The auxiliary instruments may include any additional instruments. For example, percussion, keys, acoustic guitar, mandolin, etc.
Singers:
Singer 1 - Laura
Singer 2 - Brandi
Singer 3 -
Songs:
Song 1: Lifesong
Song 2: How Great Thou Art
Song 3: Mighty to Save
Song 4: Amazing Love
Offertory: Above All
Doxology (short)
Song 5: In the Light
I may not be able to make this service. SMLL Orioles day... depends on what time we are leaving for the game.
ReplyDeleteDominic is also taking Grayson to the Orioles game.
DeleteI checked with our team mom and the kids need to be at Camden Yards by 11:30. I think both Rob and Dominic should be able to make it to this service then, yes?
DeleteEmily won't be there this week. Bethany is available if needed.
ReplyDeleteThe scripture for this service will be 1 John 1:5-10. Likewise, I would like to do In The Light as our last song no matter what because it goes along with my sermon. I would like the service to be a full volume service and I would like to have everyone sitting on stools. Also, I would like the music to continue through my sermon, so if someone would be willing to play lightly throughout the sermon that would be fantastic because I feel like nothing makes the word of God more powerful than music being played during it. Plus I want to do an alter call that I would like music to continue through. I want it to be a laid back and chill service, hence the stools, but I want the service to still be exciting and loud, if that makes sense. I have tons of crazy ideas and I don't want to seem demanding, but this is my vision. There are a few more crazy ideas that I may add, but I wan to think them over before saying those. Thank you everyone. And, I will be playing keys this week.
ReplyDeleteForgot to put, I am open to feedback and suggestions. This is just my vision, it is open for discussion. I am wanting to do this because I am feeling very God inspired to change the dynamic of the service for just one Sunday, if at all possible.
DeleteVictoria, did you want to pick the songs for this week or do you want another worship leader? What about scripture? Are you also planning to play keys?
DeleteEveryone who hasn't posted yet, let me know if you're singing/playing for this service.
I can sing
ReplyDeleteI think I will sit this one out. Too much going on this week and I have to work on Saturday.
ReplyDeleteWe just realized that Bethany won't be at practice this Thursday because of the school talent show. She also has the Famine on Saturday so she is going to sit out this week. Sorry for short notice.
ReplyDeleteI will be there
ReplyDeleteI will be there
ReplyDeleteI will be there on keys in aux 1. And thank you Laura for picking the songs, they look good! :)
ReplyDeleteI will not be at thursday practice
ReplyDeleteI will be there Sunday but prob wont make practice unless you start at 10pm LOL when i get off of work
ReplyDeleteI can't make practice Thursday because of work. I will be there Sunday but hopefully ontime. May be late because of relief not sure.
ReplyDeleteI suggest our plan B in the case where Dominic can't make it on time Sunday, would be to go "unplugged."
ReplyDeleteWe can make that adjustment at the last minute on Sunday if needed.
DeleteDon't worry I will get there of I have to drive my chase car from the hospital should I get a late call or my relief is late. I always feel worst case scenarios when I work at this station since we are so busy.
ReplyDeleteI think we should cancel practice tonight. Any takers? I've got family stuff I could do. And the songs are simple... What do you think? We can do setup sometime over the weekend when a few of us are available...
ReplyDeleteI had been thinking the same thing. Sounds like a good idea to me.
DeleteGood idea. I am good with the songs picked. Maybe take time to plan CD Recording party and begin the process soon. I am excited to get started.
ReplyDeleteok then - practice officially canceled for tonight 4/24. will be in contact about when we can do setup sometime over the weekend. maybe i'll spend some time tonight burrowing through the jusnk in my back room to make my way to the recording equipment!
ReplyDelete