Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Service - January 5, 2014

1/5 - John 1: 1-9 "The Word"

Prologue: Christ, the Eternal Word

In the beginning the Word already existed.
    The Word was with God,
    and the Word was God.
He existed in the beginning with God.
God created everything through him,
    and nothing was created except through him.
The Word gave life to everything that was created,
    and his life brought light to everyone.
The light shines in the darkness,
    and the darkness can never extinguish it.
God sent a man, John the Baptist, to tell about the light so that everyone might believe because of his testimony. John himself was not the light; he was simply a witness to tell about the light. The one who is the true light, who gives light to everyone, was coming into the world.

Sound System:  

 

Worship Leader:  Rob

Scripture:  Laura F.

Praise Band:

Lead Guitar - Rob
Bass - Dominic
Drums - Darren
Rhythm Guitar (acoustic or electric) - Paul
Keys - Scott
Aux 1 - Victoria (keys)
Aux 2 -


Note:  The auxiliary instruments may include any additional instruments.  For example, percussion, keys, acoustic guitar, mandolin, etc.

Singers:
Singer 1 - Laura F.
Singer 2 - Bethany
Singer 3 -

Songs:


Be the Strength e
Better is One Day e
Ancient Words e
Sing to the King e

OFFERING: Sanctuary d

Victory in Jesus a

14 comments:

  1. I will sit out this week if someone wants to sing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will lead worship. Songs coming up...

    ReplyDelete
  3. SONGS:

    be the strength e
    better is one day e
    ancient words e
    sing to the king e

    OFFERING: sanctuary d

    victory in jesus a

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey just saw the line up and not sure if late or not but a good song for this is "In the Light'"!

      Delete
    2. I tend to shy away from "In the Light" because it doesn't feel like a corporate worship song to me - it feels like performance... thoughts?

      Also - just for discussion - with the new format, a "performance" type song for OFFERING feels like too much to me. That's why I chose a simple quick song for offering like SANCTUARY. Thoughts?

      Delete
    3. I think it will depend on the week. Sometimes the sermon/scripture calls for more of a performance song, sometimes it doesn't. Also, I think it depends on whether or not we do long or short doxology. I think what we've been doing is long doxology = short offering song and vice versa.

      Keep in mind that the congregation has just been standing for four songs with the new format. The enjoy hearing the band "perform" for them as well. It's not such a bad idea to allow them to sit for a couple minutes and just enjoy the music. That can be a form of worship as well.

      Delete
  4. I can read the scripture since Brandi is sitting out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Based on Victoria's email last night, I'll add her as another set of keys under Aux.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If there is ice tomorrow I will not be there. It took me 3 hours to get home on Thursday night.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete