1/26 - 1 Corinthians 1: 10-18 - "The Message of the Cross"
Divisions in the Church
Divisions in the Church
10 I appeal to you, dear brothers and sisters,
by the authority of our Lord Jesus Christ, to live in harmony with each
other. Let there be no divisions in the church. Rather, be of one mind,
united in thought and purpose. 11 For some members of Chloe’s household have told me about your quarrels, my dear brothers and sisters. 12 Some of you are saying, “I am a follower of Paul.” Others are saying, “I follow Apollos,” or “I follow Peter,” or “I follow only Christ.”
13 Has
Christ been divided into factions? Was I, Paul, crucified for you? Were
any of you baptized in the name of Paul? Of course not! 14 I thank God that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15 for now no one can say they were baptized in my name. 16 (Oh yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas, but I don’t remember baptizing anyone else.) 17 For
Christ didn’t send me to baptize, but to preach the Good News—and not
with clever speech, for fear that the cross of Christ would lose its
power.The Wisdom of God
18 The
message of the cross is foolish to those who are headed for
destruction! But we who are being saved know it is the very power of
God.
Sound System:
Worship Leader: Victoria
Scripture: Brandi
Praise Band:
Lead Guitar - Rob
Bass - Dominic
Drums - Darren
Rhythm Guitar (acoustic or electric) - Paul
Keys - Scott
Aux 1 - Victoria (keys)
Bass - Dominic
Drums - Darren
Rhythm Guitar (acoustic or electric) - Paul
Keys - Scott
Aux 1 - Victoria (keys)
Aux 2 -
Note: The auxiliary instruments may include any additional instruments. For example, percussion, keys, acoustic guitar, mandolin, etc.
Singers:
Singer 1 - Bethany
Singer 2 - Brandi
Singer 3 -
Songs:
Speak Life - please click here for an updated chart. You can also see the YouTube version of this song here.
He Reigns
Hosanna
The Proof of Your Love
10,000 Reasons
Short Doxology
Shout To The Lord
I do worship leader this week...think I will add Speak Life by TobyMac because I think it fits perfect with this scripture :) http://youtu.be/7rK6O0YtBRY
ReplyDeleteThanks!
DeleteSince I'm singing January 19th, when I planned to rotate out, I can sit out this week so someone can rotate in.
ReplyDeleteI will do keys
ReplyDeleteEmily won't be there this week- winter retreat. Bethany is available if needed.
ReplyDeleteSince I'm sitting out, we'll probably need Bethany to sing.
DeleteI will play keys in aux 1, but I don't want to play keys on speak life because that is one of my favorite songs and I'd rather just sing that one.
ReplyDeleteI'll be there for acoustic
ReplyDeletei'll do lead guitar for 1/26.
ReplyDeletedo we have a song list? :)
ReplyDeleteSorry for my lateness on the songs.
ReplyDeleteSpeak Life
He Reigns
Hosanna
The Proof of Your Love
10,000 Reasons
Short Doxology
Shout To The Lord
http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/t/tobymac/speak_life_crd.htm
ReplyDeleteHere is the chord chart I found for speak life, I do not know if it is 100% correct
I'll be singing this week also. May I suggest doing speak life for the offertory. I can see that being kind of hard to follow. Just my two cents. :)
ReplyDeleteI agree with brandi if we can move the song to Offertory. I can't make practice either so once confirmed a way to play it please let me know. I will practice as much as the days allow. See you Sunday.
ReplyDeleteIt goes with my call to worship I'd rather keep it in the first slot
ReplyDeleteAny takers on the scripture?
ReplyDeleteLooks like it's yours. :-)
Delete