Greetings from Paul
1 This letter is from Paul, a slave of Christ Jesus, chosen by God to be an apostle and sent out to preach his Good News. 2 God promised this Good News long ago through his prophets in the holy Scriptures. 3 The Good News is about his Son. In his earthly life he was born into King David’s family line, 4 and he was shown to be the Son of God when he was raised from the dead by the power of the Holy Spirit. He is Jesus Christ our Lord. 5 Through Christ, God has given us the privilege
and authority as apostles to tell Gentiles everywhere what God has done
for them, so that they will believe and obey him, bringing glory to his
name.
6 And you are included among those Gentiles who have been called to belong to Jesus Christ. 7 I am writing to all of you in Rome who are loved by God and are called to be his own holy people.May God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ give you grace and peace.
Worship Leader: Laura
Scripture: Laura
Praise Band:
Lead Guitar - Rob
Bass - Dominic
Drums - Darren
Rhythm Guitar (acoustic or electric) - Paul
Keys - Victoria
Aux 1 - Mike (keys)
Bass - Dominic
Drums - Darren
Rhythm Guitar (acoustic or electric) - Paul
Keys - Victoria
Aux 1 - Mike (keys)
Aux 2 -
Note: The auxiliary instruments may include any additional instruments. For example, percussion, keys, acoustic guitar, mandolin, etc.
Singers:
Singer 1 - Brandi
Singer 2 - Laura F.
Singer 3 - Bethany
Songs:
Go Tell it on the Mountain
Silent Night (fast version)
Joy to the World
Do You Hear What I Hear?
Offering: Mary, Did You Know
Doxology (short)
Light of the Stable
Paul on acoustic or 12 string
ReplyDeleterob on lead guitarro.
ReplyDeleteI'll take worship leader this week.
ReplyDeleteI can do keys
ReplyDeleteI felt this scripture really called for some fun, upbeat songs, so that's what I went with from our Christmas CD. I didn't want to add anything too crazy because it's right before Christmas and I figured I would pick ones we should be pretty familiar with. And if the congregation has our CD, they will be too! :-)
ReplyDeleteAnyway, here they are:
Go Tell it on the Mountain (how can you not choose that after reading that scripture?)
Silent Night (fast version)
Joy to the World (I know we did this one on 12/15, but again, I just thought it fit so well)
Do You Hear What I Hear?
Offering: Mary, Did you Know
Light of the Stable
Emily is sitting out. Bethany can sit out too if someone else wants to sing. Just let me know. If she does sing she won't be at practice on Thursday because she has her chorus concert that night.
ReplyDeleteI am sitting out this week
ReplyDeletei'll play keys for a change too :)
ReplyDeleteI'm changing the offertory song. After Sunday night's service, I feel like "Light of the Stable" is a better fit and keeps the songs at the quicker pace, which is what I'm feeling like just before Christmas Day (meaning, in a good way, as in excited that Christmas is almost here).
ReplyDeleteOkay, scratch that change. I am clearly losing my mind since I had "Light of the Stable" at the end!
DeleteEmily said she would play this week if you need/want her
ReplyDelete