Christmas Music Played by Candlelight and Linked to Scripture
As we did last year, this service will be acoustic. Scripture will be read between certain songs and used as an introduction to the hymns. The congregation is asked to participate by singing along. We will setup a candle table toward the front of the Sanctuary and rope off the back pews.
This service will immediately follow the children's program and birthday party for Jesus which will be taking place in the Fellowship Hall.
Service Layout:
Silent Night (upbeat version)
It Came Upon a Midnight Clear
Scripture
*Light of the Stable
O Come All Ye Faithful
Away in a Manger (lullaby version)
What Child Is This?
Scripture
*How Many Kings
Joy to the World
Joy to the World
Angels We Have Heard On High
Scripture
*Mary, Did you Know?
Do You Hear What I Hear?
The First Noel
Scripture
*Christmas Offering
Little Drummer Boy
Silent Night (slow)
(* indicates the song will be performed by the group, but words will not appear on the PowerPoint screen)
Participants:
Please post in the comments below if you plan to join us and include what instrument, if appropriate, you plan to play.
Scripture - Mike
Musicians:
Guitar - Rob, Emily
Bass - Dominic
12-string Guitar - Paul
Mandolin - Laura S.
Harmonica/Percussion - Frannie
Drums - Darran
Singers:
Laura F.
Brandi
Bethany
Victoria (will play keys if needed)
Link to Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/223075194526584/
I will be at this event.
ReplyDeleteEmily and Bethany will be available if needed
ReplyDeleteI hope to be there on 12-string
DeleteI'll be there on mandolin. Do we have charts or set list?
ReplyDeleteNot yet. It will be similar to the songs we did on the CD. We have a lineup from last year that we'll probably use. I'll post it as soon as I have it.
DeleteI will be there and I will play keys if needed, but I don't remember there being keys last year. If not I will just be a singer this time around. Also, I have had to learn Joy To The World in sign language so if we do that one and everyone would be ok with it I can sign that song.
ReplyDeleteI don't see the need for 4 guitars so if you don't need keys, I will sit this one out. Is there going to be someone in the nursery that night? I would like to sit back and listen if possible without having to keep my kids quiet the whole time.
ReplyDeleteThere is supposed to be someone in nursery that night. I'm confirming and I'll let you know.
DeleteThank you.
DeletePlease put me down for keys as long as there is still nursery that night.
ReplyDeleteThank you.
I will be there on the drum box.
ReplyDelete