Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Service - December 15, 2013

12/15 - Psalm 146: 5-10  "Joy"

But joyful are those who have the God of Israel as their helper,
    whose hope is in the Lord their God.
He made heaven and earth,
    the sea, and everything in them.
    He keeps every promise forever.
He gives justice to the oppressed
    and food to the hungry.
The Lord frees the prisoners.
    The Lord opens the eyes of the blind.
The Lord lifts up those who are weighed down.
    The Lord loves the godly.
The Lord protects the foreigners among us.
    He cares for the orphans and widows,
    but he frustrates the plans of the wicked.
10 The Lord will reign forever.
    He will be your God, O Jerusalem, throughout the generations.
Praise the Lord!

Worship Leader:  Victoria

Scripture:  Bethany

Praise Band:
Lead Guitar - Paul
Bass - Dominic
Drums - Darren
Rhythm Guitar (acoustic or electric) - Emily
Keys - Scott
Aux 1 - Victoria (keys)
Aux 2 -

Note:  The auxiliary instruments may include any additional instruments.  For example, percussion, keys, acoustic guitar, mandolin, etc.

Singers:
Singer 1 - Laura F.
Singer 2 - Brandi
Singer 3 - Bethany

Songs:

It Came Upon a Midnight Clear
Joy to the World
The Little Drummer Boy- Click here for chart
What Child is This
Offering:  Away in a Manger (lullaby version)
Doxology (long)
O Holy Night - Click here for chart

ATTN:  O Holy Night is a new song we have not done before. 

19 comments:

  1. I will be out of town on this Sunday MORNING. I'll be back in the afternoon to prep for the candlelight carol sing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scott or Paul, we'll need one of you to be lead guitar this Sunday.

      Delete
  2. Interesting - I don't seem to be able to edit my post... have to look into that - I just wanted to add for clarity that I am referring to Sunday AM 12/15.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to be worship leader this Sunday since no one has it yet :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Em and Beth can participate if needed

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am good for bass duty this service and available to help for Candle sing along. I also was curious to see if we may want to make this a CD release event after the kids do their thing. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be back for both services

      Delete
    2. Paul, can you take lead on the 12/15 service at church?

      Delete
  6. I will do keys unless you want an extra guitar. Either way is fine with me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sitting in front of the hotel on a bench. It is 85 and sunny and you want me to think about Christmas music. I can play lead as long as Dominic and Scott are doin their thing too.

    As much as I don't want to believe it I'm looking forward to coming back home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you're not coming home today in the snow.

      Scott is setup for keys, but if you need him on guitar, let us know. Dominic is on bass.

      Delete
  8. Bethany want to do scripture? You can put me down for it if she does not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're off the hook. Bethany will take the scripture.

      Delete
  9. I will do keys as well in the Aux 1 spot. Hope to have the songs up later today...as soon as I finish studying for finals :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. The songs I have picked are:
    It came upon a midnight clear
    Joy to the world
    The little drummer boy
    What child is this
    Offering:away in a manger (lullaby version)
    Long doxology
    O holy night

    I also will not be at practice on Thursday, but I will let everyone know what my leading plans are on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Little Drummer Boy... Remember this is an odd little song - and we count it differently than most, but it makes it easier to do - the chart we use is well notated. Wanted to make sure everyone has the right chart - it will save a lot of time.

    The SECRET is to count [3 4 1] at the end of everyone. The TRICK is knowing which beat is 3!

    Come they told me Pa rup a pum pum [3 4 1]

    ReplyDelete
  12. What version is O Holy Night we are doing Sunday? I compared lyrics to hymn, and about 7 different artist and none compare to it so I wanted to get it right. Thanks. Also I am working today at hopkins so I don't think I can make it tonight. I'd be in the area around 9:30-9:45 so not sure if anyone would still be there. I can be there early Sunday to run through the two songs (Drummer Boy and O Holy Night)

    ReplyDelete