The Birth of Jesus
2 In those days Caesar Augustus issued a decree that a census should be taken of the entire Roman world. 2 (This was the first census that took place while Quirinius was governor of Syria.) 3 And everyone went to their own town to register.
4 So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the town of David, because he belonged to the house and line of David. 5 He went there to register with Mary, who was pledged to be married to him and was expecting a child. 6 While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, 7 and
she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and
placed him in a manger, because there was no guest room available for
them.8 And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. 9 An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. 10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. 11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. 12 This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.”
13 Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,
14 “Glory to God in the highest heaven,
and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”
and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”
15 When
the angels had left them and gone into heaven, the shepherds said to
one another, “Let’s go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has
happened, which the Lord has told us about.”
16 So they hurried off and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby, who was lying in the manger. 17 When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child, 18 and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them. 19 But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart. 20 The shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things they had heard and seen, which were just as they had been told.Sound System:
Worship Leader: Victoria
Scripture:
Praise Band:
Lead Guitar - Scott (12 string)
Bass - Dominic
Drums - Darren
Rhythm Guitar (acoustic or electric) - Paul
Keys - Victoria
Aux 1 -
Aux 2 - Mike (keys)
Note: The auxiliary instruments may include any additional instruments. For example, percussion, keys, acoustic guitar, mandolin, etc.
Singers:
Singer 1 - Brandi
I'll be there
ReplyDeleteI'm there. Will play bass.
ReplyDeletei'll do 12 string
ReplyDeleteI got rhythm
ReplyDeleteI will worship lead this Sunday
ReplyDeleteI am out of town.
ReplyDeletei'm in !
ReplyDeleteI can sing. Sorry I'm behind with posting. I can't access the site from my phone becaue it won't switch my google email that is allowed to see this blog for some reason. I'm only really on the computer at work and not for internet.
ReplyDeleteIm in
ReplyDeleteBethany can sing
ReplyDeletehttp://youtu.be/HGVNzgUxE-g here is our new song this week. Chart and other songs to come soon
ReplyDeleteWow! I didn't know I was on lead this week! What a surprise! And a new song!
ReplyDeleteLOL! I just put you there this morning to put Frannie in an aux spot. You and Paul can duke it out. ;-)
DeleteSong one: God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen (chart to come)
ReplyDeleteSong two: Light of the Stable
Song three: It Came Upon A Midnight Clear
Song 4: Mary Did You Know
Offering: Christmas Offering
Song 5: The First Noel
For God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen I would like to take the male lead part and if any of the ladies would like to learn the high female part that would be awesome! :)
ReplyDeleteAnyone have the chart for Mary Did You Know and The First Noel? I don't see it posted. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteAll charts are now posted.
DeleteVictoria, are we doing Doxology?
No doxology I want to go straight to scripture.
DeleteHi Guys! I wanted to thank all of you for a great candle light service. I look forward to this service because I know you always do a great job and I can sit back and worship. I also wanted to let everyone know if you have personal instruments or amps ETC stored at the church our insurance does not cover them if something happens to them. Jerry Kaetzel suggests that you add those items to your homeowners policy so if they are stolen your homeowners would cover them. Any church equipment we need to catalog sometime soon. Maybe after the holidays. Have a great day!!
ReplyDeleteJust a head's up, unfortunately, Frannie has pneumonia so she won't be able to play with us this coming weekend. :-(
ReplyDeleteSecond, we've been asked to setup close to the front of the stage on Thursday night. The poinsettias will be coming and there are 40 of them, so they will need to get those setup close to the alter.
remember we need the pews put back in place
ReplyDeleteWe are geared to breakdown after 10:45 service and get the pews back in.
ReplyDelete