Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Christmas by Candlelight - December 14, 2014 at 7:00 PM

Christmas Music Played by Candlelight and Linked to Scripture  

Click here to join the Facebook event.

As we have done in previous years, this service will be acoustic.  Scripture will be read between certain songs and used as an introduction to the hymns.  The congregation is asked to participate by singing along. We will setup a candle table toward the front of the Sanctuary and rope off the back pews.

Service Layout:

Silent Night (upbeat version)
It Came Upon a Midnight Clear 

Scripture

*Light of the Stable
O Come All Ye Faithful
Away in a Manger (lullaby version)
What Child Is This?  

Scripture 

*How Many Kings
Joy to the World
Angels We Have Heard On High 

Scripture

*Mary, Did you Know?
Do You Hear What I Hear?
The First Noel 
Go Tell it on the Mountain  

Scripture

*Christmas Offering
Little Drummer Boy
Silent Night (slow)

(* indicates the song will be performed by the group, but words will not appear on the PowerPoint screen)

Participants:
Please post in the comments below if you plan to join us and include what instrument, if appropriate, you plan to play.

 
Scripture:  Mike 

Musicians:
Rob - Lead Guitar
Darren - Drums
Paul - Rhythm Guitar
Dominic - Bass
Frannie - Percussion
Victoria - Keys

Singers:
Laura
Brandi
Bethany

15 comments:

  1. The Christmas by Candlelight service is now posted. (Sorry, I forgot to post it yesterday.) Pleas sign up when you get the chance so we know we have everything covered.

    I can sing for this service.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to sit out for this service

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Can't remember if I sang or played keys last year though

      Delete
  4. I can't make this date - I'll be out of town from Fri 12/19 to 12/24. boo hoo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm available for 12/14 if this is moved from 12/21.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please note, this event has been changed to 12/14. Sorry for any inconvenience.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for including me on the readings! I loved doing this last time

    ReplyDelete
  8. At this point, the song lineup, etc., is the same for this service as it was last year. I'm hoping we can plan to run through everything on Thursday night after the children leave the practice.

    Victoria, please plan to play keys.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a mouthful. PLease PLan to PLay. Even better, how about Please plan to play piano. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The anger Crob and Baby Jesus from Last year is located up in storage. Only issue is we either need a little hay to fill it or some makeshift hay! Any idea to aid is helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just a quick note, Go Tell it on the Mountain has been added for Sunday night.

    ReplyDelete