Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Concert - Women's Retreat - January 16 & 17, 2015

This event is now confirmed.

We have been asked to play at the annual Women's Retreat located at the Claggett Center in Frederick (Adamstown) on January 16, 2015 and January 17, 2015.  The theme for the weekend is "Embracing Change."  We have mainly been asked to play the evening of the 16th, at 8:00 PM for 45 minutes.  There will be 25 to 45 women there and they enjoy praise music with some hymns mixed in.  They are hoping we could provide an upbeat performance to start their weekend.

They have also asked us if we would be interested in returning the afternoon of 1/17 to play for another 30 to 45 minutes.  They are flexible with the time, but would be thinking at around 3:00 PM.  Again, the more important time is Friday evening.

Please let me know in the comments if you would be interested in doing this.  I understand that this is far in advance, but they must book their speakers and performers early and if we cannot commit, they must be able to ask another group.

When commenting, please let me know if you are in for Friday, Saturday, or both.

Friday, January 16th
Praise Band:
Lead Guitar - Rob
Bass - Dominic
Drums - Darren
Rhythm Guitar (acoustic or electric) - Paul
Keys - Victoria
Aux 1 - Scott (12 string or keys, depending on what is needed)
Aux 2 -

Note:  The auxiliary instruments may include any additional instruments.  For example, percussion, keys, acoustic guitar, mandolin, etc.

Singers:
Singer 1 - Laura
Singer 2 - Bethany

Friday Set List
Days of Elijah - Laura
Let It Rise - Rob
Overcomer - Bethany
Sing to the King - Laura
Your Grace Is Enough - Dominic
Me Without You - Victoria
Happy Day - Laura
Mountaintop - Scott
Build Your Kingdom Here - Rob
It Is You - Dominic
Forever - Paul
Trading My Sorrows - Rob
They'll Know we are Christians by our Love - Laura
I'll Fly Away - Laura
You Make Everything Glorious - Rob

Saturday, January 17th
Praise Band:
Lead Guitar - Rob
Bass - Dominic
Drums - Darren
Rhythm Guitar (acoustic or electric) - Paul
Keys -  Victoria
Aux 1 - 
Aux 2 -

Note:  The auxiliary instruments may include any additional instruments.  For example, percussion, keys, acoustic guitar, mandolin, etc.

Singers:
Singer 1 - Laura
Singer 2 - Brandi
Singer 3 - Bethany

Saturday Set List
Did You Hear the Mountains Tremble - Dominic
Rooftops - Laura
10,000 Reasons - Rob
How Great Thou Art - Brandi & Laura
Redeemed - Rob
Open the Eyes of My Heart Lord - Dominic
Revelation Song - Brandi
Sanctuary - Paul
Glorious Day - Bethany
How Great is Our God - Dominic

Extras (be prepared for these songs just in case):
In the Light - Rob
God You Reign - Dominic
I Am Free - Dominic
Give Us Clean Hands - Dominic

25 comments:

  1. Hi, everyone. We have been asked to perform at a Women's Retreat. Please read the post and respond as soon as you can. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am available for both Friday & Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in and can play rhythm and bring sound if necessary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should be good for both . Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will say I can do both for now, of course this may change and I might only do one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This event is now confirmed. The organizer of the event is very excited to have us. I have confirmed us for both Friday evening and Saturday afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Put me down for both on 12 string. I can do keys if needed as well. I might have to be flexible with Saturday afternoon. So that would be a maybe. I can do Friday night because I go through there on my way home. But I will stress this is in January so things can happen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bethany will sing if you need her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was looking at the attendance records from the time we started our contemporary service. In 2011 we averaged 61.3, 2012 - 61, 2013- 69.28 and this year 90.8. God is moving greatly in what you do. Keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can do saturday, but not Friday. Is there a time yet for Saturday and can I ride with someone?

    ReplyDelete
  11. We play at 8:00 PM on Friday night and 3:00 PM on Saturday afternoon. We are able to get into the Center on Friday night at 6:30 PM to setup.

    Brandi, you can ride with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like 30 minutes to set up with no sound check. We should try to be there early and get in as soon as we can. I'll have everything as ready as I can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paul, we don't play until 8:00, so we have an hour and a half to setup and check sound.

      Delete
  13. I have put in to take off work Thursday night if there is a plan to run through song line ups for Friday and Saturday. If not let me know and I can cancel my leave request!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will be there Friday night for set-up and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The songs are posted for both Friday and Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another update on this event, sadly Frannie is still not feeling well and is taking the entire month of January off, so she can't play with us this weekend. Please keep her in your prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would like to add a song to the EXTRAS list. Since we are practicing it for Sunday anyway and I think it might be a great sing-a-long song for the event. Here I Am Lord.

    Also, do we want to make a PowerPoint? Do we need a laptop or projector or screen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jody kindly did our PowerPoints for us. I did not ask her to put the extra songs in there. I think it's a good idea to have them, but I would be very surprised if we ended up with enough extra time to do them. I will be bringing my laptop. They told me they will have the projector and screen.

      Delete
  18. Note: Your Grace is Enough has been removed from the set list today since we actually played it last night.

    ReplyDelete