Friday, March 17, 2017

Special Service - Maundy Thursday - April 13, 2016

4/13 - Maundy Thursday - 1 Corinthians 11:23-26 “Remember the Cost”


23 For I pass on to you what I received from the Lord himself. On the night when he was betrayed, the Lord Jesus took some bread 24 and gave thanks to God for it. Then he broke it in pieces and said, “This is my body, which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of me.”25 In the same way, he took the cup of wine after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant between God and his people—an agreement confirmed with my blood. Do this in remembrance of me as often as you drink it.” 26 For every time you eat this bread and drink this cup, you are announcing the Lord’s death until he comes again.

Praise Band:
Lead Guitar - Rob
Bass - Scott
Drums - Darren
Rhythm Guitar (acoustic or electric) - Paul
Keys - Victoria
Percussion - Frannie
Aux - 

Singers:
Singer 1 - Bethany
Singer 2 - 
Singer 3 -

Service:

Prelude:  More Love More Power (instrumental)

Welcome

Call to prayer:  Jesus Messiah

Opening Prayer

Call to Worship

Congregational sing songs:
Song: Spirit of the Living God
Song: Nothing But the Blood

Scripture

Message

Song:  What Love Is This

Communion (softly play In Remembrance of Me during communion)

Closing Prayer

Song: Were You There

13 comments:

  1. All services are now posted for April. I have included Maundy Thursday and Sonrise for now. Please post here if you are available and want to play so we can let Pastor Alan know if we can do them.

    For Maundy Thursday, we know Scott is available, Dominic is not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott, for right now I have you on bass for Maundy Thursday since we have Paul and Rob there for guitar and Dominic can't be there, but if you and Victoria would rather swap, that's fine too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am fine with bass. I'll have to dust it off though

      Delete
  3. I cannot be there for this service.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are we practicing this week? I'm just trying to plan out my week with my work stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I suggest arrive as close to 5:30 as you can on Thursday. We will run through everything for the service at that time. Service at 7. Practice after the service for Sunday. Long night but I see no other options.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here are the keys of the songs:

    Prelude: More Love More Power (instrumental) Em (same as G)

    Welcome

    Call to prayer: Jesus Messiah A

    Opening Prayer

    Call to Worship

    Congregational sing songs:
    Song: Spirit of the Living God D
    Song: Nothing But the Blood C

    Scripture

    Message

    Song: What Love Is This Em (same as G)

    Communion (softly play In Remembrance of Me during communion) key of G

    Closing Prayer

    Song: Were You There C

    ReplyDelete