Friday, March 17, 2017

Service - April 16, 2017

Easter Service!

Worship Leader:  Laura

Praise Band:
Lead Guitar - Rob
Bass - Dominic
Drums - Darren
Rhythm Guitar (acoustic or electric) - Paul
Keys - Victoria
Percussion - Frannie
Aux - 

Singers:
Singer 1 - Laura
Singer 2 - Bethany
Singer 3 - 

Service:
Insert Slide:  "Please stand and worship with us."

Gathering Song - Make a Difference - Laura

Call to Worship - Place on screen
One: Where shattered hearts are made whole, where wounded souls are healed, where life is stronger than death:
All: there, the stone has been rolled away. One: Where the lonely become our friends, where a stranger is welcomed home, where hope is stronger than despair,
All: there, we find Jesus walking. One: Where closed wallets are opened, where the anxious find serenity, where love is stronger than hate:
All: there, Jesus is opening our eyes. One: The stone has been rolled away! Jesus is our companion on the journey! Our eyes are opened to the needs of others!
All: Alleluia! Christ is risen! Alleluia! Christ is with us!

Song - Joyful, Joyful – Dominic

Scripture/Reading - Ephesians 2:4-10 - Place on screen

Song - Say, Say - Victoria
Song - Start a Fire - Rob

Insert Slide:  "Please be seated."

Scripture/Reading - This will be a prayer, no slide needed

Song - Forever (Kari Jobe) - Bethany
Song - Chain Breaker - Dominic
Song - Forever Reign – Paul

Offertory Prayer
Offertory Song - There's Something About That Name – Frannie

Scripture/Reading - 1 Corinthians 15:20-22  - Place on screen

Song – What Love is This? - Bethany
Song - We Believe – Rob

Scripture/Reading - Psalm 118:14-24 - Place on screen

Insert Slide:  "Please stand and worship with us."

Song - Happy Day - Laura

Benediction

Closing Song - He's Alive – All




23 comments:

  1. i'm in. i could do worship leader since i am worship leader at the 10:45 srvc - i will already have something prepared. unless someone else wants it, i'll do worship leader.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the service where we do all worshiping through music and scripture and no sermon. It's the pumped up version of our Christmas by Candlelight. We can incorporate what you have ready for the traditional service and work together, if that works for you.

      Delete
  2. Rob, check your new worship leader schedule I sent you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I have changed my mind. I might be available. Thought this was the Easter Sunday service like in past years. I will let you know soon.

      Delete
    2. Scott, just so you know what you might be signing up for, this would be the Easter service like we've done the past two years - all worship and scripture, no sermon.

      Delete
    3. I won't be here. For some reason I though this was Saturday April 15th. But I am still on for Sonrise service

      Delete
  4. We are trying to add a new song for the Easter service. The only way we can do it, is if we get together on Tuesday night.

    Everyone who is in the lineup, please post a yes, or no.

    The song we are trying to add is the finale of the song He's Alive. Here is a youtube link.

    Go to 3:27
    https://youtu.be/0gGa1w_bnvM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I can come to practice Tuesday night if it's at 8:30 PM.

      Delete
    2. If it is at 8 or 8:30 then yes I can

      Delete
    3. Practice at 8:30 for those who can make it. Only for He's Alive.

      Delete
  5. The songs for the Easter service are posted. Please let me know if you have any questions.

    Also, let me know if you're willing to do a reading. I will have the readings and call to worship, etc., finished as soon as I can, hopefully by tomorrow night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here the keys of the songs:
    Gathering Song - Make a Difference E - Laura

    Call to Worship

    Song - Joyful, Joyful E – Dominic

    Scripture/Reading

    Song - Say, Say C - Victoria
    Song - Start a Fire G - Rob

    Insert Slide: "Please be seated."

    Scripture/Reading

    Song - Forever Em (same as G) (Kari Jobe) - Bethany
    Song - Chain Breaker C - Dominic
    Song - Forever Reign C – Paul

    Offertory Prayer
    Offertory Song - There's Something About That Name G – Frannie

    Scripture/Reading

    Song – What Love is This? Em (same as G) - Bethany
    Song - We Believe D – Rob

    Scripture/Reading

    Insert Slide: "Please stand and worship with us."

    Song - Happy Day E - Laura
    Closing Song - He's Alive (B or C) – All (If we are able to practice, if not we will close with "Happy Day.")

    Benediction

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cant make it Tuesday night /But I could learn it by Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok I will chart it out - we can run through it without setting any equipment up - enough so that we are ready to run through it on Sunday before the service.... yeeee!!! Seat of the pants baby! God, please provide.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The readings/scriptures are posted. If anyone is willing to do a reading, please let me know.

    Jody, if you have any questions, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  10. On Joyful Joyful, we changed it so that we play that music bit only twice instead of 4 times whenever it appears in the song - EXCEPT for the intro - the intro is still 4 times.

    Wanted to share that while I was thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete