Monday, October 24, 2016

Service - December 25, 2016

12/25 - CHRISTMAS a family celebration!!

Informal service that will be held in the Fellowship Hall at 10:00 AM.  It will last no more than an hour.  We have been asked to provide music for three to four Christmas carols.

Worship Leader:  Laura

Praise Band:
Lead Guitar - Rob
Bass - Dominic
Drums - Darren
Rhythm Guitar (acoustic or electric) - Scott
Keys - Victoria
Percussion - Frannie
Aux - Paul

Singers:
Singer 1 - Laura
Singer 2 - Bethany
Singer 3 -

Songs:
O Come All Ye Faithful
Away in a Manger
Angels We Have Heard on High
Silent Night
Joy to the World

20 comments:

  1. I'm undecided on this. Put me in as of now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thinking I will be there for this

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I'm waiting to hear back from Pastor Alan to confirm. The last time we did this in 2011, we didn't have the blog, so I went back to the newsletter from that year in my files and oddly enough, there is nothing mentioned about the Christmas service or the time for it. So, I then did a search in my sent messages from that time and found a bulletin insert that said it started at 10:00 AM that day.

      Delete
    2. On Christmas day we will have one service at 10 AM. There will be no Sunday school. This service will be in the fellowship hall and it will be extremely informal! No longer than an hour long. We will be sitting around the fireplace.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just can't resist anything that is "extremely informal!" I'm in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be the worship leader for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like to participate if possible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome CJ! Keep an eye out for the set list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will participate in this service. Is it going to be in the fellowship hall again or the sanctuary?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nevermind, I see the fellowship hall note above. Thanks.

      Delete
    2. It's in the Fellowship Hall and very low key. We will be leading the congregation in simple/standard carols (meaning straight-forward, traditional arrangements in most cases). I saw that Dave Hahn was listed as the worship leader, so I'm trying to reach out to him to coordinate songs just in case he has a preference.

      Delete
  10. Songs are posted. The plan is to do one verse of each carol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. After thinking about it a little more, I have removed Go Tell it on the Mountain. Although I would love to do our version, I don't think the congregation could sing the first verse from memory (although they could do the chorus). If you have a recommendation for a replacement, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I added Away in a Manger, I figure everyone knows that first verse. Plus, Frannie can go crazy on the harmonica! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm out Christmas Day. Sorry guys

    ReplyDelete