Monday, October 24, 2016

Service - November 27, 2016

11/27 - First Sunday of Advent: Unknown ETA 

Romans 13:11-14
11 This is all the more urgent, for you know how late it is; time is running out. Wake up, for our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed. 12 The night is almost gone; the day of salvation will soon be here. So remove your dark deeds like dirty clothes, and put on the shining armor of right living. 13 Because we belong to the day, we must live decent lives for all to see. Don’t participate in the darkness of wild parties and drunkenness, or in sexual promiscuity and immoral living, or in quarreling and jealousy. 14 Instead, clothe yourself with the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ. And don’t let yourself think about ways to indulge your evil desires.

Worship Leader:  Laura

Praise Band:
Lead Guitar - Scott
Bass - Dominic
Drums - Darren
Rhythm Guitar (acoustic or electric) - Paul
Keys - Victoria
Percussion - Frannie
Aux - 

Singers:
Singer 1 - Laura
Singer 2 - Bethany
Singer 3 - Brandi

Songs:
Song 1:  O Come All Ye Faithful
Song 2:  Our God Saves
Song 3:  Mighty to Save

Offering:  Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus

Song 4:  Emmanuel:  Hallowed Manger Ground

18 comments:

  1. I'll take worship leader on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll try to ease my way back in at this service, but I will probably only sing once a month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to have Brandi back every now and then!

    The songs are posted. For "O Come all ye Faithful" I would like us all to just sing it together, with our parts, but in the same style as we do on the CD. Hopefully that makes sense.

    I tried not to overwhelm us with Christmas songs and I went with a shorter list since this is Thanksgiving week. Did we want to try to setup and practice on Saturday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's try it and see who can and can't make it. I would prefer to run through the Christmas songs and Mighty To Save since I am on lead. But I can always work those parts out on my own.

      Delete
    2. I should be able to do it on Saturday.

      Delete
  4. I don't have plans on Saturday, so I'm flexible. Dominic works, so he won't be there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What time are we practicing tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just realized I'm out this week... but if you get together I can try and make it - if it's before 4pm. Otherwise, I can come at 7:30 tomorrow and help work through any last minute touch ups on Christmas songs and Mighty To Save ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. How about 2:30 - 3:30? If not, let's just get together Sunday morning at 7. That has always worked before. I am not sure if I have ever played Emmanuel. Is there a youtube clip? That is the only one I am not sure of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can do either today at 2:30 or tomorrow at 7:00. It's totally up to you musicians since we singers can usually fake it. LOL!

      Here's the link for Emmanuel: Hallowed Manger Ground - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJZwuhR6u4k

      Delete
    2. I can do 2:30...just don't judge me for coming very dressed up for the dinner I am going to lol

      Delete
    3. Okay, let's just plan to run through it all tomorrow morning. If you can, try to get to the church at 7:00 to setup.

      Delete
  8. I used to lead mighty to save, but I'd rather Bethany lead from now on if she's okay with that. She has led it before. :)

    ReplyDelete