Monday, September 18, 2017

Service - October 15, 2017

SERMON SERIES
10/15 - Christian Living: Prayer

James 5:13-18

The Power of Prayer
13 Are any of you suffering hardships? You should pray. Are any of you happy? You should sing praises. 14 Are any of you sick? You should call for the elders of the church to come and pray over you, anointing you with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 Such a prayer offered in faith will heal the sick, and the Lord will make you well. And if you have committed any sins, you will be forgiven.

16 Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results. 17 Elijah was as human as we are, and yet when he prayed earnestly that no rain would fall, none fell for three and a half years! 18 Then, when he prayed again, the sky sent down rain and the earth began to yield its crops.

Worship Leader:  Paula Rhoderick

Praise Band:
Lead Guitar - Rob
Bass - Dominic
Drums - Darren
Rhythm Guitar (acoustic or electric) - Paul
Keys - Victoria
Percussion - Frannie
Aux - 

Singers:
Singer 1 - Bethany
Singer 2 - Laura
Singer 3 -

Songs:
Song 1 - Give Us Clean Hands
Song 2 - Open the Eyes of My Heart
Song 3 - Blessings

Offering - Thy Will by Hillary Scott

Song 4 - The Lord’s Prayer

28 comments:

  1. I will be in New York this day. Sorry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be worship leader this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here are the songs that I feel would be a great compliment to the service:
    Give Us Clean Hands
    Open the Eyes of My Heart
    Lord I Need You
    During Offering Thy Will by Hillary Scott
    The Lord’s Prayer
    Let me know if you need anything else from me ahead of time. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paula, I am so glad you are doing this - it will be awesome. Do you have a version of The Lord's Prayer by a particular artist? Or do you mean to end with the prayer itself? Thanks!

      Delete
    2. Rob I was thinking something like this version: https://youtu.be/w2vSnQ3JASk or if you guys have a version you have done before that is fine too, but definitely singing it.

      Delete
  4. During Offering Thy Will by Hillary Scott @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp4WC_YZAuw is doable. Who would like to sing it? We would be doing it a half step lower because it is a capo song and we are better off avoiding capo tunes due to tuning issues. If this is a problem we can do it in the key as found in the youtube video but only as a last resort. Hope that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just listened. It's in my range, so I can lead it, but if Bethany has a strong desire to do it, I'm fine with that too.

      Delete
  5. I'm thinking about coming back this week. Now that I'm moved and getting settled, I should be able to come back. I'll let you know 100% for sure closer to Thursday if that is ok

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know a version of Lords Prayer by MWS.
    https://youtu.be/tZFqlYLGoGY
    See what you think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any other versions you know? That one sounds hard timing wise.

      Delete
    2. Rob, what about the version Paula posted?

      Delete
    3. Yes! I missed that - sorry! That one sounds straight forward - easy to follow. My vote goes to that one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2vSnQ3JASk&feature=youtu.be

      Delete
    4. Well if this doesn’t work we have Manifesto which has the Lord’s Prayer in it at the end. Always a good last song.

      Delete
  7. Didn’t realize I picked 3 new songs, sorry! 😊. Instead of Lord I Need You let’s do Blessings. I know you just did it a few weeks ago but it’s perfect for the subject prayer. Thanks everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you guys need me I am available

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If Victoria is not able to come back, we will need you at keyboards. We should know before Thursday.

      Delete
  9. The charts for Thy Will and The Lord's Prayer have been uploaded to the drive.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just spoke with Frannie and she will NOT be at rehearsal tomorrow evening but will be there on Sunday. Would like to have charts for the 2 new songs plus Blessings. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning everyone! I hope everything went well with practice Thursday evening, especially with the new songs! Sorry again that I picked two new ones. Maybe God is having me push you out of your comfort zone like he is doing me - LOL! I am nervous and excited for tomorrow. You guys always sound so natural when you are up there, I hope that will come for me too. Please say a prayer for me, I need it! See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Will be praying for you Paula. Thank you so much for stepping out of your comfort zone - that is true leadership. Awesome.

      Delete
  12. Thank you everyone for your love, support and prayer this morning and for allowing me to be a part of your service. The two new songs were great! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete