Sunday, June 11, 2017

Service - July 23, 2017

7/23 - Pastor Alan on Vacation, Chris Mohler is giving the message

"Metacognition" - John 4:1-15

Jesus and the Samaritan Woman

4 Jesus[a] knew the Pharisees had heard that he was baptizing and making more disciples than John2 (though Jesus himself didn’t baptize them—his disciples did).3 So he left Judea and returned to Galilee.

4 He had to go through Samaria on the way. 5 Eventually he came to the Samaritan village of Sychar, near the field that Jacob gave to his son Joseph. 6 Jacob’s well was there; and Jesus, tired from the long walk, sat wearily beside the well about noontime. 7 Soon a Samaritan woman came to draw water, and Jesus said to her, “Please give me a drink.” 8 He was alone at the time because his disciples had gone into the village to buy some food.

9 The woman was surprised, for Jews refuse to have anything to do with Samaritans.[b] She said to Jesus, “You are a Jew, and I am a Samaritan woman. Why are you asking me for a drink?”

10 Jesus replied, “If you only knew the gift God has for you and who you are speaking to, you would ask me, and I would give you living water.”

11 “But sir, you don’t have a rope or a bucket,” she said, “and this well is very deep. Where would you get this living water? 12 And besides, do you think you’re greater than our ancestor Jacob, who gave us this well? How can you offer better water than he and his sons and his animals enjoyed?”

13 Jesus replied, “Anyone who drinks this water will soon become thirsty again. 14 But those who drink the water I give will never be thirsty again. It becomes a fresh, bubbling spring within them, giving them eternal life.”


15 “Please, sir,” the woman said, “give me this water! Then I’ll never be thirsty again, and I won’t have to come here to get water.”

Worship Leader:  Rob

Praise Band:
Lead Guitar - Rob
Bass - Dominic
Drums -
Rhythm Guitar (acoustic or electric) -
Keys - Victoria
Percussion -
Aux -

Singers:
Singer 1 - Laura
Singer 2 - Bethany
Singer 3 -

Songs:
Song 1 - We Believe
Song 2 - For the Sake
Song 3 - Forever (Kari Jobe)
Song 4 - Your Love Oh Lord

Offering -  Desert Song


Song 5 - Make a Difference

16 comments:

  1. I'm Out - Heavners singing in Hagerstown

    ReplyDelete
  2. May be back for this service.Coming home late Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be on vacation will not be at this service.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will lead worship at this service.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since Darren is questionable for this service, Grayson could probably play if you wanted him to. If you do, it would obviously be helpful to choose songs he's learned through us and through the youth band, but it's not too big of a deal if you post them fairly early either. The week leading up to this service is his only break from sports practices since Christmas, so he'll be able to come to our practice and could probably learn a song or two.

      Delete
    2. I forgot about this... sorry I didn't address this sooner. I am not sure what we are doing yet. NEWS FLASH, right? haha

      Delete
  5. The remote will be in the office. Remember you'll need a laptop

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thursday of this week will be our only chance to run through the songs for City Park. We can do it without Darren and it will still be beneficial to refresh our memories on arrangements. So, if you are playing at City Park please try and come out this Thursday to practice even if you are not in the Sunday service.

    We will run through the songs for Sunday FIRST. Then we will work on City Park stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot that I have a Finance meeting at work on Thursday Night. I should be fine with whatever. If not, I'll let you know.

      Delete
  7. Here are the songs - all of which will be included in the City Park set on Wed 7/26

    We Believe
    For the Sake
    I Will Follow
    Your Love Oh Lord

    What a Beautiful Name It Is

    Make a Difference


    Youtube Clips in case you want to refresh...

    We Believe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtPmX7e_Rpw
    For the Sake https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqS8U3B7IQQ
    I Will Follow https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ohvhmGSfxI
    Your Love Oh Lord https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEF7IoQ3eUk

    What a Beautiful Name It Is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQWFzMvCfLE

    Make a Difference https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfGOMWnRdqs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've put the list on the blog. I'm assuming Darren has confirmed he will be back on Sunday?

      Delete
    2. If Darren's not back we can go acoustic.

      Please replace I WILL FOLLOW with FOREVER (KARI JOBE)

      Delete
  8. This post has been updated with the scripture for this week, in case anyone would like it as a reference.

    ReplyDelete