Thursday, September 15, 2016

Service - October 9, 2016

10/9/16 - Christian Character:  Joy        

Galatians 5:22
22 But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

Philippians 4:4-6
4 Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again—rejoice! 5 Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do. Remember, the Lord is coming soon.[a]

6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.

Worship Leader:  

Praise Band:
Lead Guitar - Rob
Bass - 
Drums - Grayson
Rhythm Guitar (acoustic or electric) - Paul
Keys - Victoria
Percussion - Frannie
Aux -

Singers:
Singer 1 - Laura
Singer 2 -
Singer 3 -

Songs:
Song 1:  Brethren We Have Met to Worship 
Song 2:  To God Be the Glory 
Song 3:  Father I adore you
Song 4:  How Great is Our God 

Offertory: Awesome God


Song 5:  Happy Day 

12 comments:

  1. I will not be here for this service Going to o/c for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take worship leader. Grayson is willing to play, but I'll confirm later. Who else is playing/singing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will lead worship this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The songs
    Brethren We Have Met to Worship
    To God Be the Glory
    Father I adore you
    How Great is Our God

    Offertory: Awesome God

    Happy Day

    Laura, I will change out any that Grayson feels uncomfortable with if needed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only one I can imagine might be an issue is To God be the Glory. Is this the version we did a while back? If so, I can have him listen and practice it.

      Delete
    2. Yes it's the one on the drive

      Delete
  5. All, Dominic has been deployed and will not be here this Sunday and possibly next Sunday. As I'm sure you can imagine, I am now in the middle of a flurry of arranging things and making changes as I plan to be a single parent for the next two weeks. One of those things is the band! :-) So, I now need someone to play bass this weekend for him. I am still thinking through next weekend since the whole service is going to have to be unique.

    Victoria, I hate to ask this at the very last minute, but I may need you to remove "To God be the Glory" from the list. Grayson has not been able to practice at all (he didn't get the chance last night like I had hoped) and now with Dominic gone and our own limited experience with the song as a band, I'm stressing over it. I suppose we can see how it will go tonight, but keep in mind, I'll be coming straight from football practice with Grayson so we'll also be a little late and limited on practice time since both he and Annalena will have to get up early in the morning for school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can do bass but will more than likely need a great deal of help. Let's put how great thou art in there instead because we have done that one a million times.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the great practice with Grayson last night. Here is the link for To God be the Glory in case you need a refresher at any point:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyTOi9lYMBE

    ReplyDelete