10/16/16 - Christian Character: Peace
Galatians 5:22
22 But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
Romans 12: 16-21
16 Live in harmony with each other. Don’t be too proud to enjoy the company of ordinary people. And don’t think you know it all!
17 Never pay back evil with more evil. Do things in such a way that everyone can see you are honorable. 18 Do all that you can to live in peace with everyone.
19 Dear friends, never take revenge. Leave that to the righteous anger of God. For the Scriptures say,
“I will take revenge;
I will pay them back,”
says the Lord.
20 Instead,
“If your enemies are hungry, feed them.
If they are thirsty, give them something to drink.
In doing this, you will heap
burning coals of shame on their heads.”
21 Don’t let evil conquer you, but conquer evil by doing good.
Worship Leader: Laura
Praise Band:
Lead Guitar - Rob
Bass - Dominic
Drums - Darren
Rhythm Guitar (acoustic or electric) - CJ
Keys - Victoria
Percussion - Frannie
Aux -
Singers:
Singer 1 - Laura
Singer 2 - Bethany
Singer 3 -
Songs:
Song 1: There is a Kingdom
Song 2: Start a Fire
Song 3: Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone)
Offertory: Spirit of the Living God
Song 4: They'll Know We Are Christians by our Love
im in.
ReplyDeleteI'm in
ReplyDeleteHeavners singing in cumberland, Sorry
ReplyDeletei am out of town.
ReplyDeleteI am in on this day - 10/16. Sorry for the confusion.
DeleteI'll take worship leader this week. Since Rob, Paul, and Scott are all out, I've asked CJ to play guitar and he's in.
ReplyDeleteBethany is in
ReplyDeleteJust let me know what songs we are doing whenever you figure it out so I can practice. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteI'll be working on the songs soon. The good news is that Rob had his dates mixed up and he won't be out of town so he'll be able to play with you.
DeleteSongs are posted. Since were playing at Pleasant View the night before and our bass player is up in the air, I pulled from that set (now I just need to make them work for the sermon). The only one that is not from the day before is offertory, but pretty straight forward.
ReplyDeleteAlso, there's a wedding this weekend, so nothing left setup on Thursday.
I'm assuming that since Dominic is back that he will be playing bass tomorrow
DeleteHe would like to play.
Delete