We've been asked to play a few songs by the Glauser children during the baptism at their home after the combined service on August 28th. The songs they have requested (if possible) are:
Days of Elijah
Happy Day
They'll Know We are Christians
Rooftops
Love Will Be Our Home
Please post below if you would like to participate. Those who I know have already said they will be there are listed.
Participating:
Rob
Laura
Dominic
Bethany
Darren
A new post is up. Let us know if you want to participate. Also, I'll be posting Setpember's Sundays sometime this week.
ReplyDeleteI'm in
ReplyDeleteBethany is in
ReplyDeleteA long, long time ago, Guy reached out to me about us doing a song for them that had been in their wedding. I was never able to fit it into a service as it's very "love" and relationship-focused. I'm wondering if perhaps we could surprise them with it at the baptism?
ReplyDeleteLove will be our Home: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oDHSbsk2ME
We can do it - we can do it!
DeleteI love Susan Ashton. If you want to hear how awesome... this album is perfect! Great bass player on this and great songs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyoI6S88t9o&list=PLfwD7LHKx3ydCOttAryNymP0sytd35Y-g
Frannie is at my office now and plans to help with the baptism too.
ReplyDeleteGREAT!
DeleteI'm posting the charts for "Love Will Be Our Home."
ReplyDeleteHere's the deal: This is a capo song if we want it in, or near, the key of the Susan Ashton version. The exact key of Susan Ashton is Eb. This makes the bass chart difficult to read. So, the chart is in E too which is much easier to read. If we want ultimate ease though and don't care about matching the Susan Ashton key - we could all just play it in C and leave the capos at home.
I had hoped that perhaps Bethany could lead this song when we do it (if she's willing), but since the key change will be pretty substantial we won't know until we give it a shot. So, please bring all versions with you when we practice it. :-)
Bethany, let me know if you have absolutely no desire or are unable to lead it.
Bethany said ok.
ReplyDeleteI want to thank all of you for your dedication and allowing God to work through you. Today was simply awesome!! The last song you sang brought tears to the Glauser family. It says a lot about how God is using you folks. Today's combined service was great as well. I had many positive comments. I pray that God continues to bless you all!
ReplyDelete