Monday, July 11, 2016

Concert - Encounter @ City Park - August 24, 2016

Concert - Encounter @ City Park

This event is confirmed.

I am honored that we have been once again asked to return to Encounter @ City Park this summer.  The date they have requested is August 24, 2016.  Please let me know if you are available in the comments below.

Praise Band:
Lead Guitar - Rob
Bass - Dominic
Drums - Darren
Rhythm Guitar (acoustic or electric) - Paul
Keys - Victoria
Percussion - Frannie
Aux - Scott

Singers:
Singer 1 - Laura
Singer 2 - Bethany
Singer 3 -

Song List:
Rooftops - Laura
In the Secret - Rob
The Same Power - Scott
We Are - Bethany

[intro the name]

Freedom Song - Laura
Build Your Kingdom Here - Dominic
How Can It Be - Bethany
Start a Fire - Rob
Your Grace Finds Me - Scott
When the Roll Is Called Up Yonder - Paul

[break @ 7:45]

There is a Kingdom - Laura
This is Amazing Grace - Dominic
Your Great Name - Victoria
Forever - Bethany
We Want to See Jesus Lifted High - Love Train - Rob
Good Good Father - Darren
How Great Is Our God Dominic

[done @ 8:30]

37 comments:

  1. Dominic and I are both available.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still working on the set for this... but when you get a chance, listen to this song I want to add. And guess who is going to sing it... Darren (Peter Criss) Sowers. !! I twisted his arm. He's going to come out from behind the drums and we'll get a road case or something cool for him to sit on and he'll sing this great great song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqybaIesbuA

    It's going to be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to this. I like it when people step out and do different things.

      Delete
  3. We are able to get into the band shell at 5:00 PM to begin setup on Wednesday. Here is the other information regarding the evening from Steve:

    "The format for the night is we introduce you at 7pm; at 7:45pm I'll take a few minutes to make announcements as ask for sponsors. You have it to 8:30pm. The attendants need to close the doors at 9pm, so we need to get equipment in front of the doors as quickly as possible. Also, for setup, we've found it to be better when you're as far back in the shell as you can. This helps with sound and lighting. If you're in front of the door line the lights are no good for you. It gets dark around 7:50pm. Remember only two cars can park at the band shell and they cannot block the walk paths."

    ReplyDelete
  4. The chart for Good Good Father is posted. Please bring it with you on Sunday morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How does this look?

    [start @ 7pm]

    Rooftops Laura
    In the Secret Rob
    Mountaintop Scott
    We Are Bethany
    [intro the name]
    Freedom Song Laura
    Build Your Kingdom Here Dominic
    How Can It Be Bethany
    Start a Fire Rob
    Your Grace Finds Me Scott
    When the Roll Is Called Up Yonder Paul

    [break @ 7:45]

    There is a Kingdom Laura
    This is Amazing Grace Dominic
    Your Great Name Victoria
    Forever Bethany
    We Want to See Jesus Lifted High - Love Train Rob
    Good Good Father Darren
    Happy Day Laura
    How Great Is Our God Dominic

    [done @ 8:30]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This would totally be up to Scott, but would we be able to swap Mountaintop with The Same Power for him?

      Delete
    2. Mountaintop has that big drum intro - would work good in the concert setting - powerful. No?

      Delete
    3. I was trying to incorporate more recent songs that we haven't done in Hagerstown before. I'm fine either way, "The Same Power" just resonates more with me.

      Delete
  6. It would be good if we could practice Monday or Tuesday night. Can anyone make that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could make Monday, but not Tuesday. Dominic could definitely not make Monday, but maybe Tuesday.

      Delete
  7. Bethany can if its not too late

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's great Julie - we can do Bethany's songs first if we get together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could help set up Tuesday nite, and we can leave up for Thursday/Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tuesday works for me after 7:00.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dominic texted me this morning and said that if we decide on Tuesday night, please let us know as soon as possible and he will try to cancel his overtime.

    Also, an update on the song list - we are removing Happy Day because the second set will most likely be too long. Let me know the final word on "The Same Power" and "Mountaintop." For now, I'll just list it in the post with "Mountaintop."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am fine singing either song. Depends on the vision of whoever put the list together.

      Delete
  12. Let's confirm Tuesday as a practice for whomever can make it since Darren and Dominic can make it - it will make it a good way to go through some stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dominic canceled his OT, so just let him know what time.

      Delete
    2. I will be there. What time? 7?

      Delete
    3. It looks like 7pm might work. so we could get an early start. If you can't be there at 7 though - no worries - we can start discussing the set and running through individual pieces as soon as anybody gets there. I will be there at 7.

      Delete
  13. the REPLY button is not working for me so i'll continue here with regards to Scott's comment: "I am fine singing either song. Depends on the vision of whoever put the list together."

    The vision was that we would play the first two songs... Rooftops is conservative and safe musically, In the Secret is a little bit fancy with the herky jerky type of dance groove, I figured that Mountaintop would come in with that rock solid drum beat and it would be the moment that we lock in and start choppin' wood. :) That was the vision. Many a slip 'twixt the cup and lip. But that was the idea... The Same Power might be just as rock solid of a groove - it just doesn't hit you over the head with it at the very start. It will work as long as we play whichever song with authority and power. Mountaintop is a slammer if we play it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Frannie will be here tonight (Tuesday) at 7pm.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I got the planning I had to get done tonight finished, so I will be there tonight

    ReplyDelete
  16. Since we didn't run through Mountaintop last night all together - I think it would be a safer road to just play The Same Power. I am concerned about some timing issues that can make or break Mountaintop - I honestly forgot about some of the things in that song that require some rehearsal to get right - and we just ran out of time last night. Can we get a consensus here that we will do The Same Power?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good. And now I'm a little worried that you ran out of time during practice since you were there for over three hours. Someone is going to have to let me know if there are things I need to know before tonight!

      Delete
    2. I am fine with either song but we did not run through any of the same power last night. Although I am not worried with things like this, others may be so my suggestion would be run through it acoustic sometime before we start. See you all this evening. I will be there around 5.

      Delete