Monday, June 6, 2016

Special Service - Way Station Ministries - July 16, 2016

This event is confirmed.

Laura's friend from high school who has seen us play a few times contacted us about leading worship with him. He is a pastor/evangelist with Faith,Hope+Charity Ministries and has been asked to preach at Way Station Ministries on July 16th at 7:00 PM. It is located in Waynesboro, PA at 300 West Main Street. He said it was a small setting with a small stage and he would like us to lead worship with music between 7:00 PM and 7:30 PM. Then, Way Station serves soup and coffee (it's billed as a coffee house), he then preaches, and he thought perhaps we could provide music for an alter call after his preaching.

The summary of the event is as follows:

We can get there at around 5:30 PM to setup and do sound check. It's a small setting with a small stage. We will lead worship from 7:00 PM to 7:30 PM.  There is then soup and coffee.  Lorne will then preach and he will then need music for an alter call at the end.

Contact Name:  Lorne Digges, (301) 667-3873

Please comment below if you are interested in participating.  For those I already know, I have you listed.

Praise Band:
Lead Guitar - Rob
Bass - Dominic
Drums - Darren
Rhythm Guitar (acoustic or electric) - Paul
Keys - Scott
Percussion -
Aux - 

Singers:
Singer 1 - Nikki
Singer 2 - Victoria
Singer 3 -

17 comments:

  1. I'm in and Nikki might sing with us

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in and can bring the trailer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I had already posted this here, but don't see it. I can't make this event, but Dominic will be there for bass.

    Scott, any chance you might do keys since Victoria will be out?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Small setting... I'm thinking we use the BOX and acoustics for this. We don't have Terry for this - so that is a consideration as far as keeping it simple. Any thoughts ideas are welcome! We need to pick songs so I just wanted to get a mindset as far as tone of the event goes... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. If Victoria is there I have no problem with her playing keys. I would rather do 12 string. But if not, no problem. Since this is a worship service, how about "Holy Spirit", "Your Presence is Heaven", Jesus Messiah"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a slight chance we may not be there if we can't find someone to watch the kids. Just putting that out there. We are trying to find someone to watch them.

      Delete
  6. I checked with Lorne to find out if he had any special music requests and he did not. He trusts us. ;-)

    His sermon is going to be about revival and is based on 2 Chronicles 7:14. "Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here is the address:

    The Way Station Ministries
    300 W. Main St.,
    Waynesboro, PA

    ReplyDelete
  8. SONGS:

    Call to worship thought...

    Holy Spirit
    Build Your Kingdom Here

    In the Secret
    Love the Lord

    Forever
    Jesus Messiah

    *If there is time:
    Reconciliation Song

    //// Message /////


    Your Presence is Heaven
    Forever (Bridge and Chorus) "We sing alleluiah..."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I assume we are doing "Jesus Messiah" in A like we have the last few times?

      Delete
    2. I'm assuming the Forever we are doing here is the new one correct?

      Delete
  9. I am so grateful for each and every moment we spend working together. God has given us the gift of each other - and I'm saying thanks. Thanks. :) (for allowing Jesus to make you awesome)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks to you as well my friend. Always a great time worshiping together with you all.

    ReplyDelete