23 For I pass on to you what I received from the Lord himself. On the night when he was betrayed, the Lord Jesus took some bread 24 and gave thanks to God for it. Then he broke it in pieces and said, “This is my body, which is given for you.[a] Do this to remember me.” 25 In the same way, he took the cup of wine after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant between God and his people—an agreement confirmed with my blood. Do this to remember me as often as you drink it.” 26 For every time you eat this bread and drink this cup, you are announcing the Lord’s death until he comes again.
Praise Band:
Lead Guitar - Rob
Bass - Dominic
Drums - Darren
Rhythm Guitar (acoustic or electric) - Scott
Keys - Victoria
Percussion - Frannie
Aux - Paul
Singers:
Singer 1 - Bethany
Singer 2 - Laura
Singer 3 -
Service Outline:
Prelude: More Love More Power (instrumental)
Welcome
Call to prayer: Jesus Messiah
Opening Prayer
Call to Worship
Congregational sing songs:
Song: Spirit of the Living God
Song: Nothing But the Blood
Scripture
Message
Song: What Love Is This
Communion (softly play In Remembrance of Me during communion)
Closing Prayer
Song: Were You There
I'll be there.
ReplyDeletei'm in.
ReplyDeleteI'm in
ReplyDeleteBethany's available
ReplyDeleteDoes this service have a worship leader? In Remembrance of Me is a great song for this service with the slide show.
ReplyDeleteFor the past two years, this service has remained pretty much the same per Pastor Alan's request. I don't know what his plans are this year. Here is the service from last year:
DeletePrelude:
More Love More Power (instrumental)
Call to prayer:
Murdered Son
Congregational sing songs:
Spirit of the Living God
Above All
What Love Is This (Bethany solo)
Sermon
Communion (softly play In Remembrance of Me during communion)
Were You There?
I like the order of service that we have done. My sermon is going to stress the meaning of communion. The sacrifice of Jesus and what it means to us.
ReplyDeleteDominic and I will both be at this service.
ReplyDeleteSongs are posted for Maundy Thursday. We are working on Sonrise and Easter.
ReplyDeleteWhat time did we decide to set up for this on Wednesday?
ReplyDeleteWe're going to meet at 8:00 on Wednesday to setup and practice. We also plan to practice for Sonrise and Easter after the Maundy Thursday service, if necessary.
DeleteI will not be there to practice on Wednesday but will be there for the service on Thursday. What time I plan on being there on Thursday?
DeleteWe're going to be pushing it too because of a conflict, so I think as long as we're all there by 6:45, we should be set. There won't be time to run through anything and even if there were, we would need to be finished very early so it's silent before the prelude, so we might as well do 6:45.
DeleteLast minute but... can we all wear black tonight?
ReplyDeleteI have a feeling that Victoria was probably way ahead of you on this one.
DeleteSorry, but I'm coming straight from work and am wearing pink and gray. But my tie has black stripes and I have black shoes :)
DeleteLaura I live ready to wear all black! :)
Delete