Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Service - August 17, 2014

8/17 - Matthew 15:10-20 “What Goes In”

10 Then Jesus called to the crowd to come and hear. “Listen,” he said, “and try to understand. 11 It’s not what goes into your mouth that defiles you; you are defiled by the words that come out of your mouth.”
12 Then the disciples came to him and asked, “Do you realize you offended the Pharisees by what you just said?”
13 Jesus replied, “Every plant not planted by my heavenly Father will be uprooted, 14 so ignore them. They are blind guides leading the blind, and if one blind person guides another, they will both fall into a ditch.”
15 Then Peter said to Jesus, “Explain to us the parable that says people aren’t defiled by what they eat.”
16 “Don’t you understand yet?” Jesus asked. 17 “Anything you eat passes through the stomach and then goes into the sewer. 18 But the words you speak come from the heart—that’s what defiles you. 19 For from the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, all sexual immorality, theft, lying, and slander. 20 These are what defile you. Eating with unwashed hands will never defile you.”

Sound System:

Worship Leader:  Rob

Scripture:

Praise Band:
Lead Guitar - Rob
Bass - Dominic
Drums - Darren
Rhythm Guitar (acoustic or electric) - Scott (12 string)
Keys -
Aux 1 - Emily
Aux 2 - Frannie (percussion)

Note:  The auxiliary instruments may include any additional instruments.  For example, percussion, keys, acoustic guitar, mandolin, etc.

Singers:
Singer 1 - Laura
Singer 2 - Bethany
Singer 3 - Brandi

Songs:
Song 1:  Sing to the King - E
Song 2:  Give Us Clean Hands - G
Song 3:  Take it to the Streets - B (capo)
Song 4:  You Make Everything Glorious - D

Offering: For the Sake of the World G

Click here for the chart and MP3 for "For the Sake of the World."
Thank you to Rob for creating an arrangement that will work for us and to him, Dominic, and Frannie for recording it so we can use it to practice.

Doxology [short]

Song 5:  Lord I Give You My Heart G

16 comments:

  1. I'll do Lead Guitar 7/27. And worship leader. -Rob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No EDIT button - just kills me. What I meant was... I'll do Lead Guitar and Worship Leader 8/17. -Rob

      Delete
  2. I can play bass for this service.

    ReplyDelete
  3. VB can be there for the service, but not practice as I will still be at the beach. Still a little undecided on this service because I'm getting back the day before it, but if I'm needed I'm there

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this going to be NYC Sunday? If so, are we going to try to do the theme song. I like that it's in my range. LOL!

    MP3 and lyrics are here: http://www.brethren.org/yya/nyc/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I will be talking to Mike and Amy to figure out what we are doing - will post details here asap. There are a couple easy, short songs we could chart out and do without hardly any practice... will keep you posted. As of now I'm not even sure what service they want to do what in...

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are doing the theme song. It's kind of a complicated song because it has some oddball phrasing in the lyrics - please listen to it enough that you have enough familiarity with it that you can hang.

    MP3 and lyrics are here: http://www.brethren.org/yya/nyc/

    I am making a chart. More to come...

    Can everyone stay and do the 10:45 service too? It is a good opportunity to bless the 10:45ers with what God's given us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a family reunion on Sunday at 12:30, but would probably be able to stay for the second service.

      Delete
  7. Ok - I talked to Mike - we are NOT doing NYC stuff this week - it is being rescheduled to a week when there is less going on in the 10:45 service in hopes that we can do something at both... will keep you posted and I will post songs for this week asap. Sorry for the confusion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Da set!! Read em and weap, weep? weeeeep... beep beep.

    Sing to the King - E
    Give Us Clean Hands - G
    Take it to the Streets - B (capo)
    You Make Everything Glorious - D

    Offering: For the Sake of the World G
    Doxology [short]

    Lord I Give You My Heart G

    ReplyDelete