9 There he came to a cave, where he spent the night.
The Lord Speaks to Elijah
But the Lord said to him, “What are you doing here, Elijah?”
10 Elijah replied, “I have zealously served the Lord
God Almighty. But the people of Israel have broken their covenant with
you, torn down your altars, and killed every one of your prophets. I am
the only one left, and now they are trying to kill me, too.”11 “Go out and stand before me on the mountain,” the Lord told him. And as Elijah stood there, the Lord passed by, and a mighty windstorm hit the mountain. It was such a terrible blast that the rocks were torn loose, but the Lord was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake. 12 And after the earthquake there was a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire there was the sound of a gentle whisper. 13 When Elijah heard it, he wrapped his face in his cloak and went out and stood at the entrance of the cave.
And a voice said, “What are you doing here, Elijah?”
14 He replied again, “I have zealously served the Lord God Almighty. But the people of Israel have broken their covenant with you, torn down your altars, and killed every one of your prophets. I am the only one left, and now they are trying to kill me, too.”
15 Then the Lord told him, “Go back the same way you came, and travel to the wilderness of Damascus. When you arrive there, anoint Hazael to be king of Aram. 16 Then anoint Jehu grandson of Nimshi to be king of Israel, and anoint Elisha son of Shaphat from the town of Abel-meholah to replace you as my prophet. 17 Anyone who escapes from Hazael will be killed by Jehu, and those who escape Jehu will be killed by Elisha! 18 Yet I will preserve 7,000 others in Israel who have never bowed down to Baal or kissed him!”
Sound System:
Worship Leader: Dominic
Scripture:
Praise Band:
Lead Guitar - Rob
Bass - Dominic
Drums - Darren
Rhythm Guitar (acoustic or electric) - Paul
Keys -
Aux 1 - Frannie (percussion)
Aux 2 -
Note: The auxiliary instruments may include any additional instruments. For example, percussion, keys, acoustic guitar, mandolin, etc.
Singers:
Singer 1 - Brandi
Singer 2 -
Singer 3 -
Songs:
Song 1 - Come, Now is the time to Worship
Song 2 - Be The Center
Song 3 - God of Wonders
Song 4 - Overcome
Offertory - I Will Rise
Doxology - Short
Song 5 - Step by Step
I have to sing at another church on this Sunday so I will not be at this service.
ReplyDeleteI'll do Lead Guitar 8/10. -Rob
ReplyDeleteI will sing this week.
ReplyDeleteI can play bass for this service
ReplyDeleteI got rhythm
ReplyDeleteFor this service I'd like to introduce two new songs. "I will Rise" and "Overcome". I will be doing them for the second service and thought it would be nice for us as well.
ReplyDeleteI'm sitting out for this one.
ReplyDeleteWe need a worship leader for this service. When someone volunteers, then they need to coordinate with Dominic about the songs he is suggesting.
ReplyDeleteI cannot make Thursday practice on this week when we will be preparing for the 8/10 service. I have a flag football coaches meeting. Not sure when it will be over - I might be able to come late...
ReplyDeleteI will be worship leader. For 8/10 Also the songs I'm doing I'll be doing acoustic so if anybody wants to back it up that would be awesome.
ReplyDeleteEmily and Bethany will not be there this week.
ReplyDeleteThought hard about this one. As Elijah battles with Depression. He must find the strength through God to Lift himself up. Here are the songs I have picked. Also two of them I added, I will be doing in second service, so thought we could do them. Any issues please let me know.
ReplyDeleteSong 1- Arise (been awhile but gonna be good)
Song 2- Come, Now is the time to Worship
Song 3- God of Wonders
Song 4- Overcome- (1st song of mine that is acoustic, here is the link to studio version if we can add that element. http://youtu.be/rhmcmpX4Zn4
Offertory- "I Will Rise". Second song of mine
Song 5- Step by Step
I will be out of town on vacation. Rock on guys!!
ReplyDeleteWhoever is going to read the scripture please look at it ahead of time because there are difficult names in it.
ReplyDeleteHow do I get pronunciation?
DeleteBrandi, see if this will work: http://netministries.org/Bbasics/bwords.htm
DeleteI'm guessing this means you'll be reading Scripture?
I'd like to do a little line up change and take out one song since it's one we haven't done in a very long time. Take out the song Arise. Add Be The Center which Brandi will lead. Make first dog be Come, Now is the time to Worship followed by Be the Center. The rest of the order will remain the same. Any issues please let me know.
ReplyDeleteLol, I said first dog. Supposed to be first song. I love iPhone edit sometimes.
ReplyDelete