Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Sonrise Service - April 20, 2014

Mike is handling the Sonrise Service this year.


Prelude - Emily Norris

Welcome

L: This is the day:
P: when tears are wiped away;  shattered hearts are mended; fears are replaced with joy.
L: This is the day the Lord:
P: rolls away the stone of fear; throw’s off death’s clothes;  goes ahead of us into God’s future.
L: This is the day the Lord has made:
P: death has no fear for us;  sin has lost its power over us;
ALL:  God opens the tombs of our hearts to fill us with life. 

Opening Prayer 

Opening Songs           “Nothing Without You” and “Rescue”

Scripture - Hosea 6:1-3 (Amplified Bible)
Come and let us return to the Lord, for He has torn so that He may heal us; He has stricken so that He may bind us up.
After two days He will revive us (quicken us, give us life); on the third day He will raise us up that we may live before Him.
Yes, let us know (recognize, be acquainted with, and understand) Him; let us be zealous to know the Lord [to appreciate, give heed to, and cherish Him]. His going forth is prepared and certain as the dawn, and He will come to us as the [heavy] rain, as the latter rain that waters the earth.                                                                                      
Special Music - Scott Mongan 

Song - “More Love More Power” 

 

Scripture - Luke 24:1-12 (waiting to confirm version, but below is the Amplified Bible)

But on the first day of the week, at early dawn, [the women] went to the tomb, taking the spices which they had made ready.
And they found the stone rolled back from the tomb,
But when they went inside, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus.
And while they were perplexed and wondering what to do about this, behold, two men in dazzling raiment suddenly stood beside them.
And as [the women] were frightened and were bowing their faces to the ground, the men said to them, Why do you look for the living among [those who are] dead?
He is not here, but has risen! Remember how He told you while He was still in Galilee
That the Son of Man must be given over into the hands of sinful men (men whose way or nature is to act in opposition to God) and be crucified and on the third day rise [from death].
And they remembered His words.
And having returned from the tomb, they reported all these things [taken together] to the eleven apostles and to all the rest.
10 Now it was Mary Magdalene and Joanna and Mary the mother of James, and the other women with them, who reported these things to the apostles.
11 But these reports seemed to the men an idle tale (madness, feigned things, nonsense), and they did not believe the women.
12 But Peter got up and ran to the tomb; and stooping down and looking in, he saw the linen cloths alone by themselves, and he went away, wondering about and marveling at what had happened.  



Prayer 

Sermon - “Low in the Grave, they didn’t know” 

Closing Hymn   “Victory in Jesus”

Everyone is invited to the Fellowship Hall following     this service for a light breakfast. 

Sound System: 

Praise Band:
Lead Guitar -
Bass - Dominic
Drums - 
Rhythm Guitar (acoustic or electric) -  Paul
Aux 1 - Scott (12 string)
Aux 2 - Emily

Note:  The auxiliary instruments may include any additional instruments.  For example, percussion, keys, acoustic guitar, mandolin, etc.

Singers:
Singer 1 - Victoria
Singer 2 - Laura

26 comments:

  1. I have an idea for this service if we assist. Why not do the service as usual and then have a worship celebration afterwards? Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If we do something for this, I think the song "Murdered Son" would be a good choice if we are trying to keep the somber mood of the service like we have done the last few times. We have done it before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We usually do a somber mood for Maundy Thursday, so this might be better for that, if we do that service. BTW, Scott, you do a much better version of that song than the link you sent us on YouTube.

      Delete
    2. I will have service planned out this week.

      Delete
  3. Thanks Laura. I actually meant to post this under the Maundy Thursday post but must have stayed on the same page by mistake. I guess I've been on vacation for too long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I had a feeling that was the case, but just wanted to be sure.

      Delete
  4. For Easter is there anyway possible we can do He's Alive as the last song? It would be incredible. Here is a link to chords http://www.e-chords.com/chords/don-francisco/hes-alive

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be there for this on 12 string or whatever. One suggestion I would have is let's get outside and see the sunrise on the Sonrise!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I put you down for 12 string for now, we can change it if we have to. It's been a long time since I've gone to Sonrise service, but I remember they used to always go outside for the sunrise when I was a kid. Have the stopped that? And Mike, where's the service plan??? LOL!

      Delete
  6. Emily and Bethany are available.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok what you all have been waiting for the plan.....here is the lay out

    Emily playing violin "Were you there? " at the intro

    i am going for somber experience at the beginning and then building up to Jesus resurection. i would like acoustic.

    rescue
    nothing without you
    more love more power

    i could use help picking the final song , again at this point in the service we will be celebrating Jesus is alive , so i think happy day would be appropriate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Happy Day is the perfect Easter song. Just wondering who the crowd is normally for Sonrise and curious to how they would react. I haven't been to it in ages.

      Delete
  8. Emily on Violin for the beginning, i just want a small group, do not need entire praise band on this. a few guitars all acoustic, at most 2 singers in additions to musicians , the mood of the service i want to be intimate and time to reflect as people havent realized Jesus had arose from grave.
    Victory in Jesus will be sung outside , as people were telling me "we always go outside"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just so I know what to bring, Dominic will be there correct?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah Laura and I will be there. Was hoping we could end the service with He's Alive. What an end to Sonrise it could be! See you all soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What time are we planning to be there tomorrow morning?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok on starting service at 7am but what time are we gonna practice or set up if any, 6am, 6:30am?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will be there at 5:45 in order to have 45 minutes to get myself together. I think the sanctuary should be silent from 6:30 til the service. We don't want to mess up the mood by being in there making noise like we usually are at 8:30 service. People should arrive to a sanctuary void of practicing musicians. :)

    ReplyDelete