Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Service - March 2, 2014

3/2 - 2 Corinthians 5: 18 – 6: 2 - “The Right Time”

18 And all of this is a gift from God, who brought us back to himself through Christ. And God has given us this task of reconciling people to him. 19 For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation. 20 So we are Christ’s ambassadors; God is making his appeal through us. We speak for Christ when we plead, “Come back to God!” 21 For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ.
Chapter 6
As God’s partners, we beg you not to accept this marvelous gift of God’s kindness and then ignore it. For God says,
“At just the right time, I heard you.
On the day of salvation, I helped you.”
Indeed, the “right time” is now. Today is the day of salvation.


Worship Leader:   Rob

Scripture:  Brandi


Praise Band:

Lead Guitar - Rob (acoustic)
Bass - Dominic
Drums - Darren
Rhythm Guitar (acoustic or electric) - Paul
Keys - Scott
Aux 1 - Victoria (keys)
Aux 2 -

Note:  The auxiliary instruments may include any additional instruments.  For example, percussion, keys, acoustic guitar, mandolin, etc.

Singers:
Singer 1 - Nikki
Singer 2 - Bethany
Singer 3 - Brandi

Songs:

Song 1:  Father I Adore You G
Song 2:  Speak Life A
Song 3:  Need You Now A
Song 4:  Take It to the Streets B CAPO 4th

Click here for the charts for Take it to the Streets.
Click here to see it on YouTube.

Offering: Gentle Shepherd D
Doxology (short)

Song 5:  Amazing Grace My Chains are Gone C

21 comments:

  1. I will not be at the service this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can lead worship for this service.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Father I Adore You G
    Need You Now A
    Speak Life A
    Take It to the Streets B CAPO 4th

    Offering: Gentle Shepherd D

    Amazing Grace C

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing Grace/My Chains Are Gone - of course!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take it to the Streets is a new song - Laura has the chart for posting and a Youtube URL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy it! I'm sorry to miss doing this one. It's a potential song for District Conference.

      Delete
  7. Emily is sitting out thus week after all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. let me know if i am needed for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mike,

    Just a reminder, I will be out the next 3 weeks so feel free to step in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scott, you're still in this week, right? No worries if not, I just want to make sure I have the right team listed. :-)

      Delete
  10. With Emily out - I am going to play acoustic this week - I want to try leading worship with an acoustic anyway - I plan to sit on a stool (it's a chair michael - stop giggling) up toward the front in order to help the visual as far as leading worship.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aux one keys for me! And YAY SPEAK LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) I'm a happy Victoria!

    ReplyDelete
  12. There is a wedding this week. So whatever we set up to practice with on Thursday will need torn down after we are done. Since we don't have to set everything up, let's use the extra time in a devotional type thing, in prayer and discussing this week's scripture and talking about the service in spiritual terms.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds. I was thinking that we as a group need to have more of these devotional times together as well as spend time together as a group worshiping God. I know we "practice" on Thursdays but how about we make those "practices" a time of worship and devotion? We can just play and worship freely and maybe we just might come up with a new song or new idea as the Spirit leads us

    ReplyDelete