Link to Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/657936690932117/
Below is the set list with leaders. The goal is to have NO MUSIC STANDS at the concert.
We Want to See Jesus Lifted High - everyone
Majestic - Rob
Days of Elijah - Laura
It Is You - Dominic
In the Light - Rob
Revelation Song - Brandi
God, You Reign - Dominic
They'll Know We are Christians - Laura
Your Grace Is Enough - Brandi
You're Worthy of My Praise - Laura
Happy Day - Laura
BREAK ------------------------------
Glorious Day - Bethany
How Great Thou Art - Brandi and Laura
Let It Rise - Rob
Let It Rise - Rob
Mountaintop - Scott
Open the Eyes of My Heart - Dominic
Prince of Peace - Laura
Need You Now - Nikki
Speak Life - Victoria
Take it to the Streets - Rob
Break ------------------------------
Trading My Sorrows - Rob
Forever - Paul
How Great Is Our God (sing along) - Dominic
I Have Decided to Follow Jesus (sing along) - everyone
(SING A CAPELLA) Amazing Grace (sing along) - 1st verse and last verse - everyone
Praise Band:
Lead Guitar - Rob
Bass - Dominic
Bass - Dominic
Drums - Darren
Rhythm Guitar (acoustic or electric) - Emily
Keys -Victoria
Aux 1 - Paul (guitar)
Rhythm Guitar (acoustic or electric) - Emily
Keys -Victoria
Aux 1 - Paul (guitar)
Aux 2 - Scott (12-string)
Singers:
Singer 1 - Laura
Singer 2 - Bethany
Singer 3 - Brandi
Singer 4 - Nikki
I can I can!!
ReplyDeleteEm and Beth would like to be part of this.
ReplyDeleteI'll be there on keys
ReplyDeleteI can do 12 string acoustic if you want.
ReplyDeleteI'M IN - ILL JUST MAKE IT
ReplyDeleteI,ll be there
ReplyDeleteI will be there for this event.
ReplyDeleteSet list posted.
ReplyDeletei can do the other keys since S.Mongan is doing the geetar
ReplyDeleteEveryone:
ReplyDeleteHonor God; learn the songs.
If you visualize the chart in your mind it makes it a lot easier. At least for me. Also, praying for the ability to learn them is not a bad idea either. Never underestimate the power of prayer!
ReplyDeletegang i just realized i will not be here for this. My Niece's bday is that weekend and I will be in Philly
ReplyDeleteWow. That's a long song list.
ReplyDeleteYes, it definitely is!
DeleteI can fill in on keys for a few songs if needed such as Glorious Day, Mountain Top, and Speak Life. Those definitely need different sounds other than the standard string sound. So I would suggest setting up both keyboards and I will alternate with the 12 string as needed. I'll be fresh off of my 3 week rest period.
ReplyDeleteSorry to say but I can't memorize all the songs. Gonna need my Blanky with me so if it's that big a deal I can go towards the back row. Sorry just way to much I'm dealing with at work.
ReplyDeleteI was just thinking this morning... if we can arrange our schedules we could have some chart-free strum alongs at my house if anyone is interested. We could just start at the beginning of the set and start playing the songs without charts to get used to playing together that way - no pressure. We can have the songs on iPod to listen to parts and figure it out without a chart. I think you will be surprised at your brain's ability to store that information in a more efficient way as soon as you stop looking at a piece of paper. In the chart your brain is like trying to memorize a long list of random letters. Without the chart, your brain starts to "see it" conceptually and it's more like memorizing a nursery rhyme - with all its repeating patterns.
ReplyDeleteAnyway... if we start at song 1 and only get to song 5 then - cool - you can play the first 5 songs of the set without being tied to a chart. The more you can get, the deeper you can go into the set before you switch over to chart world. For that reason I encourage anyone who is trying to learn the songs to learn them in the order they apear in the set - and see how far you can get into the set.
One other thing about doing it this way. First impressions are everything. If we play even just the first three songs with nobody's nose in a chart, it will create an impression that will last even after we go back to the charts.
Well put. I will keep trying.
ReplyDeleteAny evening you can come over... we can work on it together. It will help me too! A lot.
DeleteLet me know when you're available- I will bring Emy over
ReplyDeleteLove the Lord has been removed from the set.
ReplyDeleteThanks. Dominic had told me this yesterday, I just didn't get the chance to make the update.
DeleteDo we have someone doing sound for the concert on Saturday?
ReplyDeleteWe can use the system we use on Sunday AM
ReplyDeleteJustin says he'll do it. Yay!
ReplyDeleteI guess we can set it up on Thursday night. ?? Will confirm with the office,
ReplyDeleteConfirmed - we are cleared to setup in the fellowship hall on Thursday. We'll just push everything behind the curtain when we are done to keep "curious eyes" from being tempted. :)
ReplyDeleteIf we are setting up on Thursday, when will we be practicing again? Will it be an early setup?
ReplyDeleteAlso I see we are doing the fellowship hall, but will we be exceeding the amount of people allowed in there? Just curious.
What a wonderful problem that would be! To exceed the number of people allowed. I don't know if we will. If we were going to setup tables like we do for the Mother/Daughter banquet, then that would be a problem most likely, but since it's going to be similar to the Trunk or Treat, I think we're okay.
DeleteI think the fellowship hall holds 250-300 people.
ReplyDeleteI didn't know where to post this but we have been asked to sing at the Boonsboro Baccalaureate Service at 7:00 on June 5. There may be someone from the school come this Saturday night to see us.
ReplyDeleteAre they coming to make sure we don't stink? :-)
Deleteawesome!
DeleteOh my gosh! How amazing! God is really using you guys!
ReplyDeletePaul and I are going to set up for this tonight if anyone else has the time to come by and help we will be there from 7:30 til... ??
ReplyDeleteThanks for setting up last night. Are we planning to run through the songs for Saturday night at tonight's practice?
DeleteThere is no firm plan - but since we did setup last night, we have more time tonight for whatever we do.
DeleteOkay, thanks. I am going to attempt to come, but Grayson has baseball practice from 6 to 8 and once again, he has two tests tomorrow, so there is a chance I may have to get him home and to bed. (Yes, here I am once again with kid issues!!! This doesn't end, does it?)
DeleteSorry, I'm not going to make it. Grayson has not finished his homework, so we'll have to do it after practice and Annalena did not have a good nap. I've been practicing the songs. If we could at least run through some to warm up on Saturday before the concert, that would be great. I can be there at 5:00.
ReplyDeleteJack's baseball practice is tomorrow from 4-6pm. DOH! I thought it was at 2pm. I'm the coach so... It is likely to be rained out. But just wanted to throw that out there.
ReplyDeleteFYI - I can practice earlier in the day if anyone wants to make arrangements. ??? Say... 12 - 2pm?
DeleteI would be up for practicing earlier, but I have to sing at Homewood at 2:00 and Dominic will be taking Grayson to baseball practice from 2:00 to 4:00, so it would have to probably be more like 10 to 12 for us.
DeleteHas anybody decided what time are having practice today?
ReplyDeleteI say let's go back to the original plan - meet there @ 4:30. Hopefully Jack's practice will be rained out.
DeleteThe rain never really came... baseball practice is on.Will be there as early as I can.
Delete