Saturday, November 11, 2017

Special Service - Christmas Eve by Candlelight

December 24, 2017
Brownsville COB, 7:30 PM

We are needed for the Christmas Eve service this year, so we will be doing a version of the Candlelight Carol Sing rather than creating a new cantata like last year.  This means we will NOT be doing a separate candlelight service.  Please comment below if you are able to participate.

Praise Band:
Lead Guitar - Rob
Bass - Dominic
Drums - Darren
Rhythm Guitar (acoustic or electric) - Paul
Key Board - Betsy
Percussion - Frannie
Aux -

Singers:
Singer 1 - Laura
Singer 2 - Bethany
Singer 3 - Victoria

Children's Choir:
Annalena DiPietro
Sofia Martucci
Ashlee McGuffin
Sarah Mohler
Skylyn Mentzer
Kiera Loughlin
Kaley Loughlin (if she is able to do this and play Mary)
Trevor Sowers
Jillian Doyle
Jack Galpin
Fiona Kaetzel (maybe)


Service:

The files for this service can be found on our shared drive here.

Tell Me the Story of Jesus - Laura
O Come All Ye Faithful - Children

Reading 1 - Laura & Paul

Breath of Heaven - Bethany

Reading 2 - Rob

Mary Did You Know? - Paul
Carol - O Little Town of Bethlehem - Dominic
Carol - It Came Upon a Midnight Clear - All

Reading 3 - Dominic & Paul

Hope Was Born This Night - Rob
Carol - Angels We Have Heard on High - Victoria & Laura
Carol - Go Tell it on the Mountain - Laura

Noel - Bethany
Reading 4 (during Noel) - Laura

Rejoice - Dominic
Carol - Hark the Herald Angels Sing - Congregation



17 comments:

  1. We have been asked to do the Christmas Eve service again this year. Please read the summary and let us know if you can participate. I have Rob, Dominic, Frannie, and myself listed already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don’t think I can be there on Thursday for the practice, but I am really hoping to be able to go over the songs some other time with you all before the 24th (especially “Breath of Heaven” because I know that’s one for Christmas Eve). Sorry for the inconvenience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is a schedule for practices for the service. Please comment here if there are dates you can't make. We don't need everybody at every practice - but we do need to know who will be at each practice. If 7 - 9 is too early on Thursday 12/21 we can make it our usual 8 - 10. Let me know if that helps and we'll change it.

    Saturday 12/9, 9 am - 11 am
    Sunday 12/10, 7:30 pm - 9 pm
    Thursday 12/21, 7 pm - 9 pm - DRESS REHEARSAL
    Saturday 12/23, 9 am - 11 am
    Sunday 12/24, setup after church, 4:30 pm final run through

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can make all the practices except 12/21. I am going to work on slides for the screens hopefully this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bethany should be there at all the practices except tonight and next Thursday- sorry but she has her holiday concerts for school this week and next.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can make all of them as of right now. Will update if anything changes

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the LATEST charts for this service have been uploaded to the Google Drive into the Christmas Eve 2017 folder. Musicians please have the latest charts - the old charts have mistakes in them - we can save time by all having the same version. Please get the versions out of the Christmas Eve Service 2017 folder. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rob, in case I forget to mention it at practice this morning, I'm making it noted here. Could you please upload the high definition versions of the photos you want in the slides to the 2017 folder? Also, I'm printing these charts and I just want you to know it pains me since I have my old versions, but I'm doing it just for you. LOL! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I uploaded the images. They are not all huge files, but my experience is that they are "big enough" - we can test and see - if any look low quality we can find replacements.

      Delete
  9. Dominic and I worked on the PowerPoint today. I have uploaded it to the shared drive. I did make a few changes to the script as a result of the PP including the addition of two scriptures.

    Here was my thought process in creating the slides:

    Scripture/Script readings - images to represent the reading
    Performance Song - candlelight slide with a word to represent the essence of the song
    Carol Sings - backgound slides that match the story being told

    I strayed from this in two places - During O Come All Ye Faithful where Rob wanted the Jesus graphic (we needed to find something similar because the original JPG was too small) and during the final scripture that I added prior to Hark the Herald Angels Sing where I actually put the scripture on the screen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I forgot to also mention that I uploaded an updated version of the script to include the PP slides, the notes I took during the first practice, and the edits I made.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've updated the blog post to include the children who are participating on the choir.

    Also, the Thursday practice will begin at our usual 8:00 PM time and not at 7:00 PM.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As posted previously, practice does not start until 8 PM tonight, but if anyone is able to arrive at 7:00 to setup so practice can start right on time (especially if we have children arrive), that would be incredibly helpful. I believe we will also need to move the pulpits.

    ReplyDelete