2/12/17 - Deuteronomy 30:15-20 "Choose Life"
15 “Now listen! Today I am giving you a choice between life and death, between prosperity and disaster. 16 For I command you this day to love the Lord your God and to keep his commands, decrees, and regulations by walking in his ways. If you do this, you will live and multiply, and the Lord your God will bless you and the land you are about to enter and occupy.
17 “But if your heart turns away and you refuse to listen, and if you are drawn away to serve and worship other gods, 18 then I warn you now that you will certainly be destroyed. You will not live a long, good life in the land you are crossing the Jordan to occupy.
19 “Today I have given you the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses. Now I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make. Oh, that you would choose life, so that you and your descendants might live! 20 You can make this choice by loving the Lord your God, obeying him, and committing yourself firmly to him. This[a] is the key to your life. And if you love and obey the Lord, you will live long in the land the Lord swore to give your ancestors Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.”
Worship Leader: Scott
Praise Band:
Lead Guitar - Rob
Bass - Dominic
Drums - Darren
Rhythm Guitar (acoustic or electric) - Scott
Keys - Victoria
Percussion - Frannie
Aux - Paul
Singers:
Singer 1 - Laura
Singer 2 -
Singer 3 -
Songs:
Song 1 - Heart of Worship
Song 2 - Your Presence is Heaven to Me
Song 3 - Hosanna
Offering - Chain Breaker
Song 4 - Here's My Heart
I'm in
ReplyDeleteI'm in and will do worship leader
ReplyDeleteI can't be there
ReplyDeleteI'm In
ReplyDeleteI'm in.
ReplyDeleteIm in
ReplyDeleteA thought... as we pick songs for the next few weeks, could we make it a goal to add some new songs that are really designed for congregational worship. And to steer clear of songs that are maybe popular on the radio but maybe not so good for congregational worship. I don't know the best SOURCE for finding these types of songs - but my first Google search turned up this: https://worshipleader.com/music/top-20-worship-songs-of-2016-so-far/
ReplyDeleteThere may be for better resources than that I don't know.
Sounds good to me. We will have to lead them through the songs first though. If they don't know it, they won't sing it. But if we go through it first, so they can hear the song, that will work best and get them to worship. I will try to pic one or two for this week but will have to lean on you to chart them out. My goal is to have them picked by tomorrow evening.
DeleteNo problem with making the chart or charts. Adding just one per week might be better. But if each WL adds one over the next month, we could have 4 new congregational worship tunes - that would be great. When I was picking songs last week I just felt like the selection was limited in that respect. Limited in the sense that we have played some of the better congregational worship tunes a lot and I was reaching for something new and fresh.
DeleteBut not just "new and fresh" new and awesome! haha! In the sense of tunes that they are irresistible sing-a-longs. Here's an interesting article...
Deletehttp://churchleaders.com/pastors/pastor-blogs/150376-what-makes-a-good-worship-song-thoughts-from-stuart-townend.html
I like this part of the list the writer makes in that article:
2. Allows People to Say Something – When people hear the song and sing along, they think, “Yes, that’s exactly what I’m trying to say to the Lord, but couldn’t quite figure out how to say it”. Being it touch with the congregation helps tremendously.
3. Facilitates Response. This gives people a chance to respond to what they’re singing.
There are also some worship songs in our song idea list that have been requested by congregation members you may want to consider.
DeleteMatt Mahrer's Lord I Need You would be a great one. ;)
Deletehttps://youtu.be/gS9e0nxHP-w
Deletehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMdI1uiUIwc -- No Longer Slaves
DeleteHere are the songs for Sunday:
ReplyDeleteI am thinking living room style for this but plugged in. I have also added two new songs.
Heart of Worship (thinking of doing with much music)
Your Presence is Heaven to Me
Hosanna
Offering:
Chain Breaker - chart and link to come
Here's My Heart - chart and link to come
I meant to say "without much music" for Heart of Worship
DeleteFrannie will be playing this Sunday with you.
ReplyDelete