Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Service - June 5, 2016

6/5 - Psalm 30 “The Rollercoaster”

A psalm of David. A song for the dedication of the Temple.

1 I will exalt you, Lord, for you rescued me.
    You refused to let my enemies triumph over me.
2 O Lord my God, I cried to you for help,
    and you restored my health.
3 You brought me up from the grave,[a] O Lord.
    You kept me from falling into the pit of death.
4 Sing to the Lord, all you godly ones!
    Praise his holy name.
5 For his anger lasts only a moment,
    but his favor lasts a lifetime!
Weeping may last through the night,
    but joy comes with the morning.
6 When I was prosperous, I said,
    “Nothing can stop me now!”
7 Your favor, O Lord, made me as secure as a mountain.
    Then you turned away from me, and I was shattered.
8 I cried out to you, O Lord.
    I begged the Lord for mercy, saying,
9 “What will you gain if I die,
    if I sink into the grave?
Can my dust praise you?
    Can it tell of your faithfulness?
10 Hear me, Lord, and have mercy on me.
    Help me, O Lord.”
11 You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing.
    You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy,
12 that I might sing praises to you and not be silent.

    O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever!

Worship Leader:  Rob

Praise Band:
Lead Guitar - Rob
Bass - Victoria
Drums - Darren
Rhythm Guitar (acoustic or electric) -
Keys -
Percussion - Frannie
Aux -

Singers:
Singer 1 - Bethany
Singer 2 - Laura
Singer 3 -

Songs:
Song 1:  Did You Feel the Mountains Tremble?
Song 2:  He Reigns
Song 3:  Give Us Clean Hands
Song 4:  Trading My Sorrows

Offertory:  Ain't No Rock - Chart and MP3 are posted on our charts page.

Song 5:  I Could Sing of Your Love Forever

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Victoria, Dominic will be working on this day. Do you want to do bass?

      Delete
  2. I'm in. I can do worship leader.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please note...there is a wedding this weekend and we cannot setup on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At Thursday rehearsal we will practice acoustically with no need for PA if Terry wants to take a night off. :) We will remove all visible signs of equipment from the pew area there where we set the drums and amps in order to have it clean (at the request of the wedding party).

      Delete
  4. I want to play acoustic guitar on these songs so if Paul could play electric that would be good.
    The offering song is a song I wrote - so I will send a chart and a couple recordings that demonstrate various stuff about the song - but it's pretty simple.

    Did You Feel the Mountains Tremble?
    He Reigns
    Give Us Clean Hands
    Trading My Sorrows

    Ain't No Rock

    I Could Sing of Your Love Forever

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm there . Missing practice Thursday due to Bobby's graduation but there early Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bethany will not be at rehearsal Thursday night

    ReplyDelete