2/14/16 - Galatians 5:16-26 “Our Vision: A People of Grace, Peace, and Love”
Living by the Spirit’s Power
16 So I say, let the Holy Spirit guide your lives. Then you won’t be doing what your sinful nature craves. 17 The sinful nature wants to do evil, which is just the opposite of what the Spirit wants. And the Spirit gives us desires that are the opposite of what the sinful nature desires. These two forces are constantly fighting each other, so you are not free to carry out your good intentions. 18 But when you are directed by the Spirit, you are not under obligation to the law of Moses.
19 When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, 21 envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God.
22 But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!
24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there. 25 Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit’s leading in every part of our lives. 26 Let us not become conceited, or provoke one another, or be jealous of one another.
Worship Leader: Laura
Praise Band:
Lead Guitar - Rob
Bass - Dominic
Drums - Darren
Rhythm Guitar (acoustic or electric) - Paul
Keys - Victoria
Percussion - Frannie
Aux - CJ
Singers:
Singer 1 - Laura
Singer 2 - Bethany
Singer 3 -
Songs:
Song 1: Brethren, We Have Met to Worship - click here for the YouTube clip.
Song 2: Start a Fire - click here for the YouTube clip.
Song 3: Big House
Song 4: Proof of Your Love
Offering: Reconciliation Song - click here for a reminder.
Song 5: They'll Know We are Christians by our Love
I'm in
ReplyDeleteI'm out
ReplyDeleteI'm in
ReplyDeleteI'll take worship leader for this Sunday. I would like to request two songs in the service. Since one of them is a familiar hymn, I think we can do two new ones.
ReplyDelete"Brethren We Have Met to Worship"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbs9PhxeOCs
You'll notice the style is similar style to "I'll Fly Away" and we can give it our own fun flair.
The other song is "Start a Fire."
http://youtu.be/xrEzr-rWwe8
I'm in
ReplyDeleteI'm in
ReplyDeleteI am available.
ReplyDeleteBethany is in
ReplyDeleteCharts have also been uploaded for the two new songs this week.
ReplyDeletePaul, if you are willing to lead/start "Brethren We Have Met to Worship" that would be great. :-)
I am in. Sorry I can't post as much. I am having issues logging in on my many devices.
ReplyDeleteThe songs are posted for this week. A couple points...
ReplyDeleteI would like to have Brethren We Have Met to Worship opened by Paul with slow part. I'm hoping I can join on the harmony (I'm fighting a cold still). On the fast, fun parts, I hope we can all sing along in parts.
I will have a break before Proof of Your Love to transition from the fast song to a slower song, and to help with the capo (I think you guys play with a capo on that one).
I've asked Bethany to lead Reconciliation Song and to keep the song really simple. At this point, I'm thinking just Rob on guitar and hopefully Frannie on harmonica; however, if we work it out on Thursday night and can add other voices and instruments and still keep it fairly simple, then that's good too. I want to focus on the words.
Sorry, lots of thoughts this week!! LOL!
I like it! Thursday rehearsal will help bring all these ideas together.
Delete