A psalm of David, regarding the time he pretended to be insane in front of Abimelech, who sent him away.
1 I will praise the Lord at all times.
I will constantly speak his praises.
2 I will boast only in the Lord;
let all who are helpless take heart.
3 Come, let us tell of the Lord’s greatness;
let us exalt his name together.
I will constantly speak his praises.
2 I will boast only in the Lord;
let all who are helpless take heart.
3 Come, let us tell of the Lord’s greatness;
let us exalt his name together.
4 I prayed to the Lord, and he answered me.
He freed me from all my fears.
5 Those who look to him for help will be radiant with joy;
no shadow of shame will darken their faces.
6 In my desperation I prayed, and the Lord listened;
he saved me from all my troubles.
7 For the angel of the Lord is a guard;
he surrounds and defends all who fear him.
He freed me from all my fears.
5 Those who look to him for help will be radiant with joy;
no shadow of shame will darken their faces.
6 In my desperation I prayed, and the Lord listened;
he saved me from all my troubles.
7 For the angel of the Lord is a guard;
he surrounds and defends all who fear him.
8 Taste and see that the Lord is good.
Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in him!
Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in him!
Worship Leader: Laura
Praise Band:
Lead Guitar - Rob
Bass - Dominic
Drums - Darren
Rhythm Guitar (acoustic or electric) - Emily
Keys - Victoria
Aux 1 - Frannie
Aux 2 -
Note: The auxiliary instruments may include any additional instruments. For example, percussion, keys, acoustic guitar, mandolin, etc.
Singers:
Singer 1 - Laura
Singer 2 - Bethany
Singer 3 - Brandi
Songs:
Song 1: There is a Kingdom
Song 2: He Reigns
Song 3: My Lighthouse
Song 4: Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone)
Offertory: Holy Spirit
Song 5: Days of Elijah
I'll take this service as worship leader. I'll also incorporate "Holy Spirit" into this service: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS5S8Unvm48
ReplyDeletei owe you a chart!!
DeleteI'm in.
ReplyDeleteI'm available for this service for bass.
ReplyDeleteI'm in
ReplyDeleteAnother tentative yes depending on anniversary plans either this week or the week before.
ReplyDeleteHeavner's singing that AM - I'm out
ReplyDeleteBethany is in
ReplyDeletePlanning to sing. I'd also like to volunteer to sing lead on Holy Spirit if okay and even though I'm nervous about it. Love the song and feel like it's in my range, but understand if someone else wants to lead.
ReplyDeleteI'm going to sit this one out too and come back in November.
ReplyDeleteIm there
ReplyDeleteIf singing a new song, when will this be practiced when practice will be mostly for trunk r treat?
ReplyDeleteWe should be able to run through the new song right after we setup. I will pick songs for this worship service, otherwise, that will either overlap with songs from the Trunk-or-Treat or are songs that will be easy for us to do with little practice.
ReplyDeleteIf everyone is good with it, I would suggest we setup for the Trunk-or-Treat at this practice, then practice from there. I would then think we could probably setup for worship immediately after the Trunk-or-Treat on Saturday night. We've gotten pretty good at break-down/setup lately and are pretty quick.
I'm sitting out for this one.
ReplyDeleteBethany will not be at practice this week - she has her 1st performance for school Thursday night. Sorry.
ReplyDeleteThe chart for Holy Spirit is now posted on our charts page.
ReplyDeleteI will come to practice tonight to help with setup (just ignore the stinky football player, please). The good news is that my voice should be back by Saturday as my cough is pretty much gone. The bad news is that it really isn't back today fully, so I probably will not actually practice this evening. We'll see.
As we discussed Monday, I've decided I would rather not lead Holy Spirit and I'd rather do some harmony, so I can still sing it in some way. :) Planning to come to practice to run through this song this evening.
DeleteOkay, I'll plan to lead it. I'll do my best to sing it tonight. It just won't be full force since I'm being careful.
Delete