Sunday, August 17, 2014

Concert - Convoy of Hope - "Planting Hope" - September 27, 2014

This date is now confirmed.

Due to the location of the event and the limited space, we have been asked to play "quietly" so this will be more of an acoustic set.  There is also a chance we may need to cut back our normal size.  Stay tuned.

Email from Bernie:

Sandy Cox leader of the Brunswick Food bank called me this past week.  She informed me that "Convoy of Hope" is coming to Brunswick at the end of September.  This is an organization that goes around the world to help people in need.  They have many many tents set up proving food, prayer, clothing, help finding jobs, health care and much more.

I participated in two of these events in the past.  One at the Frederick fair grounds with Living Water (FCOB praise band) and another time on a smaller scale at the Frederick Keys Stadium.  They are bringing the Hope to smaller towns because peole have trouble with transportation or just don't hear about it in time.  So, coming to Brunswick is HUGE!  Our town needs it!
She is asking if I could get two to three groups to provide Christian music during the hours of 9:00 to 1:00.  Normally it is a 45 minute set and pre-recorded music in between band set ups and break downs.

Do you think this would be something Touchdown Sunset would be interested  participating in and available of course?  Paul, maybe the Heavner Family would be available and interested? 
This event is such a HUGE out reach to many communities and a very humbling experience to be part of.  Please let me know as soon as you are able, so I can get back to Sandy.  she will then have more details as far as stage availability (location) and electricity, etc.

The event is on Saturday September 27th from 9:00 to 1:00.

PITP next Saturday is an awesome out reach as well to the community and many are looking forward to hearing Touchdown Sunset.  Just imagine the people who know nothing of Christ and can come to experience a day with people who love and honor our Father, Jesus Christ!  AMEN! 

Praise Band:
Lead Guitar - Rob
Bass - Dominic
Drums - John
Rhythm Guitar (acoustic or electric) - Paul
Keys - Victoria
Aux 1 - Emily (guitar)
Aux 2 - Mike (keys)

Note:  The auxiliary instruments may include any additional instruments.  For example, percussion, keys, acoustic guitar, mandolin, etc.

Singers:
Singer 1 -
Singer 2 - Laura
Singer 3 - Bethany

Set List:
Days of Elijah - Laura
Build Your Kingdom Here - Rob
For the Sake of the World - Dominic
Forever - Paul
Rooftops - Laura
They'll know we are Christians - Laura
Revelation Song - Bethany
We Want to See Jesus Lifted High - Rob
You Make Everything Glorious - Rob

19 comments:

  1. I'm available for this to sing and play bass if we do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If we do I can be there on keys if we do

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be available for the praise band and probably the Heavners. I need to know as soon as possible. I'll need to re-schedule patients.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im not going to make this one birthday plans

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have birthday plans not gunna make this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emily and Bethan y are available if needed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will not be there for this event

    ReplyDelete
  8. even here maybe just do a Piano setting instead of keys if this needs to be acoustic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stay tuned. I've added you to the list. We are still waiting to find out what size stage we will have as well.

      Delete
  9. just realized i have a football game at 11am. I'll be in Shepherdstown from 10:30 to 12:30. I could do a set from 9 to 10. otherwise, i will have to bow out on this one. sorry for the last minute notice. by the time i return after the game, the event will be over.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Since there are two events this weekend, I'm going to only commit to one. Since this one was to be more toned down or whatever then I will sit out so it's one less person.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What time is this event? Bethany needs to be in Boonsboro at 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We haven't confirmed the time yet, but it will be early enough to get her to Boonsboro at 2.

      Delete
  12. We will be playing at 9:00 AM for this event.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, everyone. Please try to be at Convoy of Hope at 8:00 AM for sound checks and final setup. The event is located at the MARC Train, R&R Station in Brunswick.

    ReplyDelete