11/12/17- Matthew 25:1-13 "Be Ready"
Parable of the Ten Bridesmaids
25 “Then the Kingdom of Heaven will be like ten bridesmaids[a] who took their lamps and went to meet the bridegroom. 2 Five of them were foolish, and five were wise. 3 The five who were foolish didn’t take enough olive oil for their lamps, 4 but the other five were wise enough to take along extra oil. 5 When the bridegroom was delayed, they all became drowsy and fell asleep.
6 “At midnight they were roused by the shout, ‘Look, the bridegroom is coming! Come out and meet him!’
7 “All the bridesmaids got up and prepared their lamps. 8 Then the five foolish ones asked the others, ‘Please give us some of your oil because our lamps are going out.’
9 “But the others replied, ‘We don’t have enough for all of us. Go to a shop and buy some for yourselves.’
10 “But while they were gone to buy oil, the bridegroom came. Then those who were ready went in with him to the marriage feast, and the door was locked. 11 Later, when the other five bridesmaids returned, they stood outside, calling, ‘Lord! Lord! Open the door for us!’
12 “But he called back, ‘Believe me, I don’t know you!’
13 “So you, too, must keep watch! For you do not know the day or hour of my return.
Worship Leader: Rob
Praise Band:
Lead Guitar - Rob
Bass - Dominic
Drums - Darren
Rhythm Guitar (acoustic or electric) - Paul
Keys -
Percussion - Frannie
Aux -
Singers:
Singer 1 - Laura
Singer 2 - Bethany
Singer 3 -
Songs:
Song 1 - Did You Hear the Mountains Tremble?
Song 2 - I Will Follow
Song 3 - Breath of Heaven
Song 4 - Word of God Speak
Offering - I Wish We'd All Been Ready
Song 5 - Ancient Words
Services for November are posted. Please signup.
ReplyDeleteI'm In
ReplyDeletein
ReplyDeleteI can’t be there Thursday because of work. Will be there Sunday. See ya then!
ReplyDeleteI can lead worship for this if no one else can...
ReplyDeleteRob, if you could do this Sunday's service, that would be helpful. I'm very tight on free time this week. I know you're signed up for next week, so if you would like me to pick that one up, I could.
DeleteOk great! Let's do that.
DeleteIm in.
ReplyDeleteI will be there Sunday but have a meeting Thursday PM
ReplyDeleteWas hoping to have the songs ready this morning - but didn't get it finished. Will post them asap. Probably tonight. Expect that we will be including Larry Norman's I Wish We'd All Been Ready. https://www.bing.com/search?q=larry+norman+i+wish+we%27d+all+been+ready&PC=U316&FORM=CHROMN
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI will make charts for 2 new songs:
ReplyDeleteBreath of Heaven
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8_475FKJWQ
I Wish We'd All Been Ready
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu_fm0oedGU
Did You Hear the Mountains Tremble?
I Will Follow
Breath of Heaven
Word of God Speak
Offertory
I Wish We'd All Been Ready
Ancient Words
I know adding two songs in one week is not advised... but I talked with Bethany about singing Breath of Heaven and she said thr Amy Grant key will work. And I Wish We'd All Been Ready is easy - so I think we are good. :) Pretty straight forward.
DeleteSounds like you talked to Bethany and she's singing for this service. She wasn't signed up, so I'll add her. Thanks.
DeleteFrannie will be at service this Sunday.
ReplyDeleteThe new charts are uploaded to the drive.
ReplyDeleteWe will be practicing tonight as usual. In addition, we might look into having an additional practice on Friday or Saturday since so many people can't make Thursday. Please post your availability and interest in a Friday or Saturday practice. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteDominic is now off work today, so he'll be at practice tonight. I still can't be there because of Grayson's basketball practice (not that this is anything new!).
DeleteIf you did want to do another practice, I could make Saturday work, but not Friday. Preferably in the morning.
Saturday am is ok
ReplyDeleteWe are going to have a quick practice Saturday at 10am if you can make it. Thanks!
ReplyDelete