Monday, November 9, 2015

Discussion Thread - Musician Rotation

Message from Rob:

We need to figure out the best way to let everyone have a chance to play on Sundays at the 8:30 service. We have myself, Paul, Scott, Emily, and now CJ vying for guitar playing time. 5 GUITARS! I don't want to turn ANYONE away. But there is only so much room on the platform. 

I think seniority of time invested in the band should play a major factor in who gets first dibs while still allowing everyone to be involved.

I wanted to share this issue with everyone and let them know that it's something we need to come up with a solution for as a group.

Discuss! :)

Thanks,
-Rob

11 comments:

  1. Hi, everyone. Please take a moment to read this post from Rob and discuss. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy with two times a month with one of them being worship leader. I think that sitting out and worshipping is just as important as playing. I am also happy to play something other than guitar when needed. That would solve some of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very helpful Scott. I try to take one Sunday off a month, I could also look for opportunities to play keyboards instead of guitar.

      Delete
  3. I will set out one time a month if a guitar player would like to play drums :) .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could a junior high praise band be on the horizon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Btw Terry,would you be willing to help me with the sound board if i started a jr high band

    ReplyDelete
  6. and i could just sing every once in a while

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am still interested in playing in the band. I know I haven't played in a few months but I can play whenever needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GREAT! Looking forward to it Emily - we have missed you!

      Delete