Thursday, January 15, 2015

Service - February 8, 2015

2/8 - Isaiah 40: 28-31 “Soaring”

28 Have you never heard?
    Have you never understood?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
    the Creator of all the earth.
He never grows weak or weary.
    No one can measure the depths of his understanding.
29 He gives power to the weak
    and strength to the powerless.
30 Even youths will become weak and tired,
    and young men will fall in exhaustion.
31 But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
    They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
    They will walk and not faint.

Sound System:

Worship Leader:  Rob

Scripture:

Praise Band:
Lead Guitar - Rob
Bass - Scott
Drums - Darren
Rhythm Guitar (acoustic or electric) - Paul
Keys - Victoria
Aux 1 -
Aux 2 -

Note:  The auxiliary instruments may include any additional instruments.  For example, percussion, keys, acoustic guitar, mandolin, etc.

Singers:
Singer 1 - Bethany
Singer 2 - Laura
Singer 3 - Brandi

Service Layout: 
Songs are highlighted for quick identification. 

Announcements

Pastoral Prayer - Pastor Alan

Call to Worship - Rob

Song 1:  Greater (with Rob teaching it to the congregation)
               See the YouTube clip here.  
               Click here for the chart.

Song 2:  Did You Feel the Mountains Tremble?

Song 3:  Hosanna 

Offertory - Rob

Song 5 (Offertory Song):  Blessings

Song 6:  Doxology (short)

Scripture - Laura or Bethany

Song 7:  Thy Word

Sermon - Pastor Alan

Song 8:  Everlasting God

12 comments:

  1. Got my dates backwards. I plan to sit out this week. I can sing on Feb. 1.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll do worship leader on the 8th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is the plan - it is a little different. Two things I am trying to accomplish with this different arrangement. 1.) Start the service in a "CONVERSATION" - a dialog between the Praise Team and the congregation - this will happen as we go through PARTS of the new song "Greater" - I will talk about the parts and encourage them to sing on the chorus etc... but it will not be a performance of that song.
    Once the conversation is initiated, that atmosphere will hopefully carry over into the next 2 songs. Then we stop and have announcements, Pastor Alan's prayer, and a call to worship that leads into Greater and this time we will do it "start-to-finish" as a worship vehicle.

    Everything after that is as we always do it...

    WL: Hello! Rise up and praise God Almighty the maker of heaven and earth!

    WL: We have a new song we want you to get familiar with [etc...]

    Intro the new song: Greater - MercyMe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXI0B4iMLuU
    Did You Feel The Mountains Tremble?
    Hosanna

    Announcements
    Pastor A
    Call to worship
    Greater
    Offering
    Blessings
    doxology [short]
    scripture
    Thy Word
    message

    Everlasting God

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well then, if we are singing Greater, I will need to sing this week. I was going to sit out, but I'd like to participate with this song in the harmonies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like to put the announcements, Pastoral Prayer and Call to Worship in their usual spots - then please remove the second appearance of Greater.

    Announcements

    Pastoral Prayer - Pastor Alan

    Call to Worship - Rob

    Song 1: Greater

    Song 2: Did You Feel the Mountains Tremble?

    Song 3: Hosanna

    Offertory - Rob

    Etc... as listed

    ReplyDelete