Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Service - February 9, 2014

2/9 - Matthew 5: 13-20 - “Being the Difference” 

Teaching about Salt and Light

13 “You are the salt of the earth. But what good is salt if it has lost its flavor? Can you make it salty again? It will be thrown out and trampled underfoot as worthless.
14 “You are the light of the world—like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden. 15 No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father.

Sound System:

Worship Leader: Laura F.

Scripture:  Rob

Praise Band:

Lead Guitar - Rob
Bass - Dominic
Drums - Darren
Rhythm Guitar (acoustic or electric) - Emily
Keys - Mike
Aux 1 - Paul (guitar)
Aux 2 - Scott (keys)

Note:  The auxiliary instruments may include any additional instruments.  For example, percussion, keys, acoustic guitar, mandolin, etc.

Singers:
Singer 1 - Laura F.
Singer 2 - Bethany
Singer 3 - Brandi

Songs:

Song 1:  Days of Elijah (G)
Song 2:  They'll Know We are Christians (Em)
Song 3:  Mighty to Save (E)
Song 4:  It is You (G)

Offering:  We Are (click here for chart)
  • Click here for an acoustic version.
  • Click here for non-acoustic.
NO DOXOLOGY THIS WEEK - I want to go right into scripture from the offertory song.

Song 5:  Let it Rise (G A)

14 comments:

  1. I'll do lead guitar on 2/9. And I'll read the scripture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll be doing a new song for this service, most likely during the offertory:

    We Are by Kari Jobe

    http://youtu.be/B07iK9uh9qY (acoustic version)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8cX6SHtxeE (non-acoustic)

    I'm thinking we'll do a non-acoustic version of the acoustic version. LOL! If that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily can play and Bethany is available if she is needed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ill be on Keys on the left this week Victoria will be at a Young Adult Function

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bethany says she will sit out this week- unless you really need her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think we should get Kaylee Loughlin and see if she wants to sing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to put Brandi on this week. If Kaylee would like to sing next week, I can sit out.

      Delete
    2. And now I realize that Bethany was willing to sit out this week! I missed that somehow. Sorry.

      Delete
  7. working on the chart for WE ARE...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I won't be there this week rock on guys!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am only using verses 13 - 16 this week

    ReplyDelete