A Warning against Prejudice
2 My dear brothers and sisters, how can you claim to have faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ if you favor some people over others?
2 For example, suppose someone comes into your meeting dressed in fancy clothes and expensive jewelry, and another comes in who is poor and dressed in dirty clothes. 3 If
you give special attention and a good seat to the rich person, but you
say to the poor one, “You can stand over there, or else sit on the
floor”—well, 4 doesn’t this discrimination show that your judgments are guided by evil motives?5 Listen to me, dear brothers and sisters. Hasn’t God chosen the poor in this world to be rich in faith? Aren’t they the ones who will inherit the Kingdom he promised to those who love him? 6 But you dishonor the poor! Isn’t it the rich who oppress you and drag you into court? 7 Aren’t they the ones who slander Jesus Christ, whose noble name you bear?
8 Yes indeed, it is good when you obey the royal law as found in the Scriptures: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” 9 But if you favor some people over others, you are committing a sin. You are guilty of breaking the law.
10 For the person who keeps all of the laws except one is as guilty as a person who has broken all of God’s laws.
Worship Leader: Laura
Praise Band:
Lead Guitar - Rob
Bass - Victoria
Drums - Darren
Rhythm Guitar (acoustic or electric) - Paul
Keys -
Aux 1 - Frannie
Aux 2 -
Note: The auxiliary instruments may include any additional instruments. For example, percussion, keys, acoustic guitar, mandolin, etc.
Singers:
Singer 1 - Laura
Singer 2 -
Singer 3 -
Songs:
Song 1: There is a Kingdom
Song 2: Sing to the King
Song 3: Proof of Your Love
Offering: All Who are Thirsty
Song 4: Greater (Rob, I'll need you to lead this since Dominic will be working.)
I'm in
ReplyDeleteI'll sit this one out.
ReplyDeletesitting out
ReplyDeleteBethany is not available this week
ReplyDeletei'm in
ReplyDeleteDominic has to work on this day, so Victoria, are you willing to play bass?
ReplyDeleteI can sing.
I can
DeleteWe are very light on participants for this service. Please post if you plan to be there (if you haven't already) so I know how to plan for this week.
ReplyDeleteI'll play
ReplyDeleteI was a bit challenged by the songs this week, but hopefully they will work.
ReplyDeleteVictoria, I purposely tried to choose songs you have played on bass before, but two of them, I don't think you have: There is a Kingdom and Proof of your Love. If you think you might have any trouble with either of them, please let me know. I really, really, really wanted to add a brand new song, so be glad I at least didn't do that to you! LOL!
I am really going to try to come to practice this Thursday, but Dominic works and Grayson has football practice, so if I don make it I'll be (1) late and (2) I will have a very smelly nine-year-old with me.
*do make it
DeleteI should be fine. Just as long as everyone is patient with me lol
DeleteI'm very sorry, but I'm not going to make it tonight. And believe me, you don't want us there.
ReplyDelete