Sunday, March 15, 2015

Maundy Thursday Service - April 2, 2015

4/2 - Maundy Thursday Service - 1 Corinthians 11:23-26 “Given for You”

23 For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, 24 and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, “This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me.” 25 In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.” 26 For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes.

This service will be at 7:00 PM.

Service Outline:

Prelude:
More Love More Power (instrumental)

Call to prayer:
Murdered Son

Congregational sing songs:
Spirit of the Living God
Above All

What Love Is This (Bethany solo)

Sermon

Communion (softly play In Remembrance of Me during communion)

Were You There?


Sound System:  

Praise Band:
Lead Guitar - Rob

Bass - Scott
Drums -
Rhythm Guitar (acoustic or electric) - Paul
Keys -  Victoria
Aux 1 - Mike
Aux 2 -

Note:  The auxiliary instruments may include any additional instruments.  For example, percussion, keys, acoustic guitar, mandolin, etc.

Singers:
Singer 1 -  Bethany

Singer 2 - Laura
Singer 3 -

13 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, I can't commit to this service yet. We weren't here for it last year, but from what I can tell based on the post, Rob was the worship leader and the service looked like this:

    Prelude:
    More Love More Power (instrumental)

    Call to prayer:
    Murdered Son (Scott solo) (chart and youtube clip to come...)

    Congregational sing songs:
    Spirit of the Living God
    Above All

    What Love Is This (Bethany solo) (chart and youtube clip to come...)

    Were You There? (Emily ends with violin)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be there on 12 string or bass if Dom can't be here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because of Grayson's baseball schedule, Dominic and I have to split up this night. I will be at the service, but he can't make it.

    Scott, I'll put you on bass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This service will essentially be the same as last year's Maundy Thursday Service.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, everyone. Just to make sure everyone has the info, here's the planned schedule for the coming days:

    Wednesday - 8pm setup for Maundy Thursday
    Thursday 6pm arrive for Maundy Thursday - start time 7pm
    Thursday after Maundy Thursday service - setup for BOTH Easter services: SonRise and 8:30

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will need as much room as possible in front of the pews on Thursday because of communion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What is happening during communion? Silence? Sing "In Remembrance of Me?"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Could you softly play In remembrance of me?

    ReplyDelete